Chapter 29

He won't let Jeff kill me? But why? He's a proxy who murders people so why does he care about me? Why did he kiss me..
"Thanks for saving me back there Jack.." I say shyly, glancing at him with a smile. His head turns to me but soon snaps back to face forward as we continue walking on.
"You've already said that." He states bluntly. I flinch a little, feeling embarrassed. I lower my head a little, hiding my face, dropping my gaze down to my feet.
"Oh.. sorry." I mumble. There was a moment of silence between us. I felt so awkward and uneasy. So unsettling. What do I ask him first? The kiss or saving me? Maybe the saving thing as that was more recent? Or the kiss as that's the oldest of the two? Ugh!! I need Sadie right now, she always knows what to say..
the silence filled the atmosphere before I took a deep breath and spoke.
"Jack.. Why did you save me from Jeff just now? And from Masky the other day?" I ask quietly, raising my gaze a little. I hear a small tut escape Jack as he slows his walking to a stop, turning to face me.
"What?" He says agitated. I've done wrong  by asking, clearly, however it was too late to go back now.
"U-Um.. the whole, hide and seek thing with Masky.. and Just now with Jeff.. why did you save me?"
"Would you rather I didn't?"
"N-No! No! I'm thankful for you helping me. I just wanna know why.. I would of thought that you would have just let them get to me.." I lower my gaze.  I was so scared during those moments, I truly thought that was the end. That I had nobody to help me. But Jack came to my rescue both times.
"No." He says bluntly.
"W-What?"
"I wouldn't let them get to you. I will keep you safe." He says as he takes a step closer, causing me to flinch.
"But.. why?"
"You saved me once. I am returning the favour." And with that, he turns and walks away, disappearing amongst the trees.
"Wait! When did I!-" it was too late. He was gone. When.. what.. When did I save him?.. I only met him a month and a couple days ago.. I haven't saved him from anything...
I start to continue walking forward, heading back to the cabin. The constant thinking started to give me a headache.  

As I'm walking, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere as I was completely lost.
"Ugh! Where am I!" I shout angrily to myself. I turn in circles over and over trying to figure out which way I should go. The forest was like a maze. Once you're in, it's hard to get out.
Suddenly I jump and gasp as I hear a twig snap behind me. I duck and hide behind a tree, crouching down within the bush, peeking through. I watch as two men emerge from the trees. One was carrying a net, while the other had a shotgun.
"C'mon! This I were I saw the Black wolf!"
"There wouldn't be any wolves out here John."
"There was! I saw it with my own eyes. Black shiny coat. Sharp teeth. It attacked a girl, she was so helpless, nobody around to save her."
Ugh these men are idiots. She wasn't alone, Slender was there, and I didn't attack her!
"You sure she was alone?"
"Yeah, stupid bitch. Who comes into a dark forest by themselves." 
Nobody calls Sadie a stupid bitch! Who do these assholes think they are!
"So. What are you exactly planing to do with the wolf once you catch it."
"Who knows. Train it, sell, skin it, kill it. Heck, I'll do whatever to get some cash."
"What makes you think you'll catch it without getting hurt?"
"Come on Rob! It's a mutt! My gun here will soon sort it out."
Someone needs to teach these assholes a lesson.. they want a wolf? They'll get one! My body quietly starts to change into a black wolf. Completely pain free. Thanks to Slender, I'm able to change when I want, with no pain and be in  complete control.
As soon as my form had changed. The bush I was in started rustling due to my shape change.  One of them men with the gun slowly made his way over, parting the leaves with his hand. My bright blue eyes stared at him as my black fur surrounded them. A smirk appears in his face as he slowly lifts his gun. Suddenly I spring up from the bush, pouncing in top of the guy with the gun. Snapping and snarling, my mouth foaming as I try to latch my teeth into him. He drops his gun, pushing me back, his face full of fear.
"Don't just stand there Rob! Help me!" He cries. The man known as Rob reaches for the gun but I turn and snap, sinking my teeth into his wrist. He yells out in pain as he tries to pull away as I pull in the opposite direction, sinking my teeth further, snaking my head side to side, trying to rip off his hand. Blood pours from it as his flesh started to tear. My jaws suddenly spring open when I hear a gun shot. The man known as John had fired a bullet. It just missed me. Sticking into the floor. I turn and run around do dazzle him and lose his concentration, he constantly misses shots. He growls in anger. As Rob stood there breathing heavily, holding his arm. I ran and jump past him. John fired another bullet. It missed me and shot Rob right in the head between the eyes. His body falls to the floor.
"Rob!! Ugh you little fuck!" The man growls. I charge towards him, pinning him down. As he struggles, I manage to latch my jaw around his throat, as I bite and pull, ripping out his neck, his gun fires one more time. Piercing into my lower neck. I wine out in agony, falling for the floor next to the two corpses. My form changes back to human as my mind falls unconscious.

~**~

I flutter my eyes open, my vision blurry and my head pounding. I sit up quickly but slam back down, yelling as pain shoots through my neck.
"Thank god you're away! I was worried!" Cried a voice. I slowly turn my gaze to see Sadie sat next to where I was laying. She smiles at me, feeling my forehead for my temperature. As she does so, I glance at my surrounds. I soon figured out I was laying on the sofa in the TV room.
"Sadie.. How did I get here?" I ask. My voice sounded dry and crackly. I coughed a few times but this only makes the pain in my neck worse.
"Jack found you in the woods unconscious. You had a bullet wound in your neck and you had killed two men." She says, looking worried for my wellbeing but also looking happy for what I had done.
"Of course I killed them. They said rude things about you. I had to." Sadie was a friend. Proxy or not, I wasn't letting anything upset or hurt her.
"You said, Jack found me?"
"That's right, he came back and realised you weren't with him so he left straight away and went looking for you."
"Straight away?"
"Straight away."
"Oh.. I see.. Um.. Hey Sadie? Could I ask a favour?"
"Of course! Anything!"
"It's kinda silly and maybe a bit awkward.."
"Hey, you killed those guys for bad mouthing me. I owe you!" I chuckle at her words, turning to face her as I lay on my side.
"Would you... could you.."
"You want me to talk to Jack?" I sigh, nodding slowly.
"I need to know what the kiss meant."
"Okay [Name]. I'll ask for you. Now, get some rest, you're still weak." She pats me forehead before standing up to leave. I smile as I watch her before closing my eyes to sleep.