Chapter 22

Few.. that seemed to take forever!.. I wipe the sweat away from my forehead, flicking it to the floor. All I did was tidy some towels.. and.. other stuff.. ugh, well I guess I got a little carried away... I did end up cleaning the entire closet.. it was very dusty and grotty... god why do I do this to myself!! I sigh, closing the closet door and making my way down the hall way, turning left and walking straight. I take a few more steps, watching my feet as I hung my head low. Suddenly I bump into something - or, someone. Causing me to fall back. But something reaches out, grabbing my hand, yanking me back up before I hit the ground. I gather my bearings, finding my balance before looking up to the figure standing before me. It was Jack.
"Thanks Jack... Nearly fell there.." I say awkwardly as he continues to hold onto my upper hand, lower wrist. His mask glares at me, as if to be glued to my form.
"You're clumsy. It's to be expected you will fall." He huffs. I grit my teeth, letting out an annoyed growl.
"I'm not clumsy!" I say in defence. He just shrugs. We stand there for a few more seconds before I realise he was still holding into my hand. I glance down at his thin fingers coated with a glove before looking back up at him. My cheeks begin to feel flustered. He notices this and lets go of my hand. Placing his down by his side. I scratch my head shyly before speaking up again.
"Hey Jack?.."
"Hmm?" He tilts his head at me. His stare still glued to me.
"When, Masky pretended to be you.. why did he say things about my heart.. and kidneys.. sounding, juicy?.. and that he wanted to taste me?.." Even asking such a question, reminding myself of what happened, sent shivers down my spine. I averted my eyes away from Jack awkwardly, awaiting for his reply. He finally speaks up.
"Because that is what I do." He states.
"Huh?" I say in confusion. That's what he 'does'? What?
"You asked why I use a scalpel rather than a knife. I said to make incisions. Well. That's what the incisions are for. To remove kidneys."
"Jack.. I'm confused? Why would you remove peoples kidneys?"
"Ugh, because I eat them."
My eyes widen at his words as I wrap my arms around myself. Shaking.
"W-What did you just say.."
"Every dinner time you ask why I never eat. Masky always blabbing about something.. Making fun or saying rude comments. I don't eat because I can't stomach human food. The slightest taste of it on my tongue makes me gag.. [Name]. I am a proxy who murders people, by eating their insides.. I eat human organs." He declares, standing  there, staring at me. It was as if his words didn't even phase him. Like he would just brush it off. Like it meant nothing. It was normal for him. But it was not normal for me. My back began for arch, sending me forward as my stomach began to churn. I could feel a lump grow in my throat.
"I'm-I'm gonna be sick.." I muffle as I cover my hand over my mouth.
My body begins to shudder as i feel the sick rise to my mouth.
"Try to hold it so I can take you to the bathro-" It was too late. Before Jack could finish. I had already spat out my stomach contents into the floor in a puddle of sick. Jack sighed and started walking away.
"Wait here." He demands. My figure falls to the floor as I feel dizzy. I cough a couple of times due to the fowl taste in my mouth. This causes more vomit to rise as I throw up once again in the same puddle as before.
Not long after, Jack makes his away back, carrying two buckets. One contained cloths, while the other contained cleaning products. He threw a tissue to me before placing the buckets down.
"Wipe your face." He says, turning to the buckets, pulling out a cloth and cleaning spray. I watch in confusion as he starts to clean up my vomit. I felt so mixed about him. As well as embarrassed. I was scared, confused, interested. All sorts.
"W-Why are y-you?.. I could have done that... I-It was my mess..." I mumble quietly, scared of what he may say next. I really didn't want to annoy him. I didn't want my insides to be eaten.
"You need to strengthen your stomach. Can't be throwing up when you're on missions." He say as he continues to clean. His words hit me in the back of the head. My body starts to tremble. Mission! I don't want to go on a mission! I can't! I won't! I won't purposely kill people!!
"Hey, daydreamer? It's clean. Let's go." His voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I shakily lift my head to look at him as he stares down at me. I look away, standing to my feet. But since the recent vomiting. I felt a little weak and still dizzy so I stumbled. Jack sighed, taking a step closer,
Wrapping one arm around my back, while the other behind my legs. He lifted me up, carrying me bridal style.
"Uh.. J-Jack...!" What's he doing?!
He doesn't answer my question, instead, he crouches down, still holding me, flicking his head.
"Grab the buckets. I can't carry them as well as you." He says bluntly.
"O-Oh.. o-okay.." I reach down, grabbing the two buckets. Jack stands back up and starts to walk down the hall.

We reach the bathroom but he still doesn't put me down. Only gestures me to open the door. I place both bucket handles in one hand, reaching out the other to open the door. Once I had opened it, Jack kicked it with his foot. Creating a big enough gap for his figure carrying mine to fit through. He steps in, gently placing me down on the side of the bath. I put the buckets on the floor beside my feet.
"How are you feeling?" He asks, looking down at me, tilting his head. Why does he care? He eats human organs!! He's a monster, a proxy! He shouldn't care how I feel..... right?