Chapter 41

"Can you tell me about your past?" I ask shyly. Jacks head flinches as his mask stares at me. I had no idea what emotion was spreading across his face. Everything that's happened between Jack and I. I still have no idea what he looks like under that mask..
"My past is nothing but a forgotten memory. It's nothing important." He tsks as he turns his head away, looking at the trees then down to the floor. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell in his voice that he seemed sad.
"Please? If you tell me about yours.. I'll tell you about mine?.." I say trying to reassure him. But he just chuckles unamused as he turns his head to face me.
"I already know about your past. I was there."
"What did you just-"
"I was there."
There was a moment of silence. I was lost in my own mind. He was there? What does that even mean!? Does he mean that he was there at the faculty? Or before that? When I was with my family. How I hurt my friend and my mother...A tear falls down my cheek as I start to think hard about my family. Mumma.. I'm so sorry.. I failed you as a daughter.. Pappa... I'm not daddy's little girl anymore.. I never was..I was a monster.. I hurt people.. I hurt you.. I'm so sorry! I begin to sob and weep as I bring my knees to my chest, hiding my face within the palms of my hands.
"Why are you crying?" Jack asks as he pokes my foot. I pull away, turning my feet away from him to face in the other direction. Jack sighs as he reaches between my chest and legs, lifting my chin and turning my head to face him. Tears streaming down my face as I blink rapidly at him.
"If I tell you about my past. Will you stop crying like a baby?" He huffs. I felt angry that he had called me a baby, especially when I'm crying over family. But I just nod as he lets go of my chin. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve from my [f/c] top.

"Okay.. it's quite a long story so you're going to have to listen as I will not repeat myself." He states. His words seemed to be sharp and blunt but I guess it's a touchy subject.
"I wasn't always the monster you see before you. I used to be human too. I had a normal life, normal friends. I went to university somewhere far away from here. It was dull and sometimes boring. But my roommate always made my life fun..
One day, I came across a girl. Her name was Jenny. She seemed sweet, a nice girl. However, I was warned by my roommate to stay away from her. He said she was weird and was into freaky shit. But, my roommate was never normally right about things like that, so I ignored him and hung out with her anyway." Jack continued as he spoke about his past. I listened carefully, making sure not to miss a single word. I wanted to know everything.
"Then one day. I had a nightmare. There were people in masks and cloaks, chanting some crazy shit that I couldn't understand. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't English... When I woke up, I went around the university site, and everyone was gone. There was nobody around, even my roommate was gone. But he hardly ever left, unless a girl was involved. The atmosphere felt cold and dark. I didn't know what was going on. So I just brushed it aside and went back to my room to sleep. Once I woke up again, everything was back to normal. My roommate was shaking me trying to wake me up, the air felt like it had returned to normal. I open my eyes to see my roommate flashing a picture in front of me. It was a picture of him having sex with some girl. I doubt he could even remember her name..
Well not long after I started hanging around with Jenny more. She introduced me to her other friends. They didn't really seem taken to me very much but they had to as long as Jenny wanted me around. They showed me their personal hang out that they found at the back of campus. It was a large cave that nobody used except for them..
One night, I was looking out my window, and I noticed lights coming from the distance. In the direction of the cave. I knew it would be Jenny so I left to go see her. My roommate suggested that I shouldn't go but I went anyway. As soon as I got there, something struck me over the head, causing me to collapse. Before I fell unconscious, Jenny stood over me with a smile, holding a blunt object. She was the last thing I saw before everything went black.."
Jack stopped, causing silence to fill the air. I felt a little awkward but also a little worried. I wanted to know what happened to Jack. But I don't want to cause too much pain for him.
"W-What happened after that? Can you remember?" I ask in a quiet tone, not wanting to seem too eager. Jack sighs heavily and slowly before giving a small slow nod. I wait patiently for Jack to continue. I wasn't going to say anything as it may cause him to change his mind.
"Yeah. I remember. I remember all too well.." He murmurs as a small growl seeps between his teeth.
"W-What did they do?"
"They did this.. turned me into a monster.." I sigh lowering my head. I did not see Jack as a monster. I was scared of him sometimes, that's for sure. But he's no monster..

"When I woke up, I was tied against some hard material, probably a rock or something. Whatever it was, I was sat down tied against it. My vision was blurry at first due to the blow to the head but it soon returned to normal. But when it did. I had never been so scared in my life. What I saw, was exactly what I saw in my dream. People standing  around in cloaks with their hoods up. I couldn't see any of their faces as they all wore blue masks. I looked at my surroundings. I was placed in the middle of some ritual circle. A pentagram or something like that. They were all mumbling something in a language I couldn't understand. Until one approached me, holding some object I couldn't make out. The figure removed the mask, revealing Jenny with a wide smile. She said some things to me that didn't really make sense. I tried to beg her not to do it but she said that they needed to raise 'lord Chernobog'. I had no idea who that was or why they felt they needed to..
A few seconds later I saw what object Jenny had in her hand. It was a spoon, but why? But I soon found out why she had it. The pain was  excruciating."
He stopped, lowering his head as his back slumped.
"Jack.. What did she do.." I move closer to Jack, placing my hand on his shoulder. His body tenses to my  touch but he does not pull away. His hand slowly raises to his head, placing the palm against his mask.
"[Name].. None of the proxies have ever seen my face behind this mask... It would be impossible for you to understand without seeing my face.." He sighs lowering his head even more. His hand still resting on his mask.
"Jack.. I want to see.." I smile a little, trying to show him that I wasn't scared about seeing his face. It was something that I wanted.
"I'm a monster. Nobody should have to see my face.."
"Jack.."
He lifts his head a little, turning to face me. My hands reach up to his hood and pull it down behind him, revealing his scruffy brown hair. I smile a little as comfort as I lower my hands to rest on the sides of his mask.
"I want to see..I'm not scared." I say quietly. He pulls his head away from my hands gently. Sighing as he stares at the floor.
"If you see my face. Then you will be scared." He states. I just shake my head at his words.
There was silence for a couple of seconds before he breaths deeply. Raising his other hand to his mask, both hands latching their fingers around the sides as he slowly drags off his mask. Placing it in the floor. What I saw was unexpected. He was called eyeless Jack for a reason. He had no eyes. His entire sockets were just like a black abyss. He had no pupil, nothing. No eyes at all. All that remained in the hollow sockets was black ooze that dripped down his face. This must be what is on his mask. His entire skin was grey, all the way to his hair line. His appearance shocks me a little, causing my body to tense. But I try to quickly  calm down as I didn't want to anger Jack.
"Y-You have no eyes.." I say shyly as I place my hand under his chin, slowly turning his head to face me. His black hollow sockets stared at me as his face remained expressionless.
"But.. How can you see?.. if you have no eyes then-"
"I don't know.. I just, can.."
"I'm.. I'm really sorry Jack.." I lower my head in shame. I felt like I had upset Jack by making him show me his face.
"I know this must be painful, but.. can you, continue with the story?" I ask nervously. Jack just slowly nods his head. More ooze falls from his sockets.

"Jenny came closer, clutching the spoon. She laughed as she plunged it into my eyes. Digging and scratching it around. Scooping out my eye, one after the other. It was so painful but I was helpless. All I could do was cry in agony and hope that someone would rescue me. But nobody did..
Once my eyes were removed. I couldn't see a thing. All I heard was a metallic clang of a pot and the burning smell of something hot. I could hear the steam erupting from the source. I heard people walk towards me. When suddenly, they poured the liquid into my empty eye sockets. It was so painful.. it burned like hell. I could feel my sockets filling with the liquid as it overflowed and dripped down my face. I continued to scream. Even after they stopped. They started to chant over my screams. The same chant that I had heard in my dream.
Then, after that, I'm not sure what happened. I felt changed somehow. I was no longer in pain but I could remember everything I had been through. How much agony they put me through. I had the desire to devour human flesh and had to urge to kill. But most of all. I could see. Even though the liquid that was now like dripping, oozing tar, constantly flowing through my eyeless sockets. I could see. It didnt take me long to slaughter everybody in the cave who were apart of this. Jenny however. I just punished her by leaving her to wounded to die slowly. They said they wanted to die as it was their paradise. Well I would not allow Jenny to seek her paradise. Not after what she did to me. My roommate was right. She was a freaky bastard, part of some cult...
Before I left. I took one of their masks, placing it over my face. My skin had turned grey but luckily my clothes covered it. I just pulled my sleeves over my hands to cover them. Once the mask was on my face. The liquid from my eyes poured out over the holes, dripping down the mask.. I've worn it ever since.."