Chapter 7

"From Clockwork by the seems of it. Figures." He scoffs. If I could see his eyes, I would be certain that he had rolled them. He stands up off my bed, it rises as his weight it removed from it. He holds out his hand for me to take. I hesitantly take it, my whole arm shaking, from my shoulder right down to the tip of my middle finger. He grips onto my hand, gently pulling me off the bed, leading me to the bathroom. Once in there, he closes the door and gesture for me to sit on the edge of the bath tub. I obey. He crouched, reaching for the first aid kid under the sink in a cabinet. He pulls it out and places it on the edge of the sink, opening it and rummaging through. He takes out a cotton bud and wound wash. Even a long plaster that was designed for you to cut it to the size or shape needed. He closes the box and walks over to me, kneeling down in front of me. My face starts to glow red as he pours the wound wash onto the cotton bud, reaching for my face. I close my eyes gently but they soon scrunch tight as a sting shoots through my face.
"Gah!" I flinch, pulling my face away. I blink a couple of times as my eyes start to water. I wasnt crying, it was just so close to my eye that they watered.
"Sorry.. Around the eye is a sensitive area..." He says, I feel him looking at me so I turn my head to face him. He holds up the cotton bud, signalling that he wants to try again. I sigh and move my head back to where it originally was.
"Hold still. It's going to sting." He says. Mumbling behind his mask.
"Wish you had told me that from the start." I reply with a small giggle, only to hear a quiet chuckle escape from him. He continues dabbing my wound with the cotton bud. I had soon grown used to the sensation and stinging so I just sat there quietly. Jack sighed throwing the bud into the bin.
"Done.." he murmurs. Standing up, walking over the sink to put the wound wash back into the box. I glance up at him to see him cutting something. He used his scalpel to cut it so it made me on edge but it looked like a clean cut. Better than what scissors could do. They would just make a mess of it. He puts the rest of the material back in the first aid box, closing it and stashing it back under the sink. Shutting the cabinet. He walks over to me once more. Again kneeling down.
"If it's easier for you.. I can sit somewhere else.. or just stand.. that way you don't have to kneel down all the time." I don't really know why I said it but something in me felt sorry for Jack kneeling down every time he cleans one of my wounds.
"I'm fine." He says bluntly. I just leave it there and let him continue. He pulls off the back of the plaster and places it around the corner of me eye. He done a good job of cutting it. Almost perfect fit.
"So, what did you do to piss off Clockwork? Normally she only attacks proxies if they mess with Toby. And by 'mess' it could literally be anything. Even looking at him could cause you a black eye." He chuckles. Throwing away the back of the plaster he tore away.
"Besides. You must have done more than look or talk to Toby. That was a pretty deep scratch." He turns to me, folding his arms, leaning on the sink. I just sigh looking at my hands that rested in my knees.
"I done both.. and more.." I mumble quietly. Jack stands up straight, continuing to have his arms folded.
"What?" He asks. His voice sounded confused and a little lost.
"I looked and spoke to him. Even touched him." Jacks arms immediately unfolded. He stood there stunned. He seemed really taken back by what I said.
"Not like that! I know what you're thinking.. I mean I touched him by shaking his hand!" I frown at him, pouting slightly at the fact that he could think I would do something like that to a guy I just met. He just chuckles, folding his arms and leaning against the sink again.
"That makes sense. Guess I should have warned you not to go near him before I left." He shakes his head. His words seemed to trigger a flashback and I get lost in my own mind.
~**~
"Mummy! Can I go play with [Name]?!" A little girl asked. This girl is.. was, my best friend. But ever since that incident where I harmed my mother in the car on the way home, I haven't been the same.
"Sure sweetie." The mother said, patting her daughter on the head and smiling. My mother was too busy making drinks to notice what the little girl had asked for. The girl runs into the garden, the adults following behind. The girl climbs into the treehouse to see me sat on the floor. My legs crossed and my eyes closed.
"Hey [Name]!" She squeals. Obviously happy to see me. My eyes shoot open. Slowly turning my head to face her. A smirk grew across my face. I nod one brow as if to have an idea.
Mothers POV
My friend had come to visit. She brought her daughter with her. Her daughter used to be good friends with [Name], but I was worried about her going near [Name] because of the incident that happened in the car.. I was just driving along when [Name] started crying, saying that I was ignoring her. There was a hot cup of coffee in the cup holder I had bought from a shop on the way to pick her up from school. Before I knew it, the coffee was levitating in front of me to suddenly be poured all over my legs.
Me and Sue make our way into the garden, following behind Sues daughter. We sit at a table and enjoy some drinks. I smile but before I could speak, we heard and ear piercing scream. We look over to the treehouse to see Sues daughter, levitating, hovering, floating in mid air. [Name] was stood at the entrance of the treehouse. Staring at Sues daughter with full concentration. Her left hand was in a fist and a huge smirk covered her face. Sue, gasped, running to the treehouse. I followed behind.
"Oh my god! Lilly! Are you okay?! [Name]?! What are you doing! Let her down this instant!!" Sue spat. Hissing at [Name]. I ran to Sues side, looking up to the treehouse.
"[Name]! Stop it! Put Lilly down immediately!" [Names] smirk, changed to a frown. I heard her mumble under her breath as she blinked out of her concentration state. Unclenching her fist. Relaxing her hand. Lilly plummeted to the ground, landing with a thud.
Reader POV
I broke out of my concentration. Lilly plummeted to the ground. Landing with a loud thump. I laughed as I looked down to see her mother run to her side and pick her up. Her nose was bleeding. She obviously broke it from the fall.
"What is wrong with you?!" The mother yells to me, turning around, storming away. My mother called after her.
"Sue! Sue I'm so sorry! I was too busy to notice that Lilly asked to play with [Name]! I should have warned you to stay away from her!" She shouts, trying to calm the mother down. It doesn't work. She leaves the garden. Exiting the house. What my mother said pierced into my chest. 'I should have warned you to stay away from her'. My own mother thinks I'm too dangerous for my own friends! 
~**~
I snap out of it shaking my head. My face turning into a tight frown. Agitated, I sigh and make my way towards the door.
"Where are you-"
"Shut up!" Before Jack could finish his sentence, I rudely interrupt him. Tears filled my eyes as I began to sob. I run out of the bathroom. Making my way into Jacks room, laying on my bed. Crying.