FOUR.

At the library

10:43 pm

She hated History with a passion, perhaps because she never really tried to engross in it. And, now that she needed it more than ever, the girl found herself in a twist. She was the sole soul between the heavy, aged paper, books that grew tall up to the ceiling's dome. Only her third cup of coffee making her company, as she exasperatedly attempted to understand the discipline. It didn't help at all that she had already threw in the towel in everything revolving around History.

Even, Taehyung, the librarian assistant on his free time, had already left and, the brown-haired boy would always be the last one to leave. Kim Taehyung was, as far she knew, on his last year of his Classic Literature major and, despite being quite the reserved person, she enjoyed his company on the library, once and then, he always recommended the best books, as if he could, just from observing her, what type of reader she was. He was nice, she thought. And, it had been nice of him allowing her to stay for a little while more.

Y/N was this close to rip out her hair off, filled in frustration to the brim, as all she saw in those endless books were mere smudges and nonsense words, a big pit of utter crap she had to go through if she wanted to finish the class. That was the only thing to motivate her, wanting to finish the class as soon as possible.

Sick and tired of the Greek empire, Y/N closed the book with a loud thump, a very exasperating one too. She got up and started to explore the interminable old wooden shelves filled with books, some with names she couldn't even pronounce, maybe she could ease her a mind a little. She liked to swim into the depths of the bookcases, the ones in the very back, where they kept the best ones, as if they wanted to keep it a secret. She wondered why.

Y/N wished she lose herself more within the immense library, to find an escape to her overwhelmed head, but she had to return to reality and that history exam of hers wasn't going to be done by itself. She sat back on her chair, sipping the coffee that meanwhile had gotten cold, but she didn't mind it, when it was the only thing that still kept her up.

A frown, however, wrinkled up her features, her chin supported by her palms and her heavy-lidded eyes, trying to re-read the chapter she had been stuck with for at least an hour now.

Yet, it wasn't going to be now that she would finally concentrate for two big hands came to wrap around her eyes and, a profound, soft voice resounded her ears.

"Hey, princess."

This sounded different, though.

"Guess who?"

Y/N jumped at her seat, when she finally realized it and, somehow, a sense of guilt came to crush against her, at the same time. She wasn't particularly startled by Jake's scare but rather because the image that had came to her mind was far from being her boyfriend and, how the reality had, by some means, disappointed her.

Before she could had wrapped her head around her thoughts, Jake jumped and sat right before her, elbows resting on the back of the chair and a wide smile that only made her wonder how her thoughts had been exactly innocent, as she wanted them to be.

"Surprised?" He grinned noticing her disoriented eyes.

She was more surprised with herself for thinking about Jungkook and his idiotic smirk rather than Jake's presence. She shook her head, smiling, embarrassed.

"Are you ready? I'll take you home." He didn't notice her distress. Y/N nodded her head still quiet by her guilt, she packed her bag and got up. This was wrong, she felt it.

The boy followed her with his eyes. He smirked but, a different type of smirk from Jungkook's, his wasn't arrogant or shallow, his was slightly affable.