FORTY-FIVE.

Unknown P.O.V

Unknown Location - Seoul

02:13 am

They are all fools. Every single one of them. Contenting themselves with shallow actions and petty feelings. They are all selfish. Focusing solely in their well-being and mundane cravings. They are all fake. Feigning uttered words and fraudulent thoughts. They are all blind. Refusing to see the truth before their own eyes, frightened by the painful reality that comes along. They are all liars. Addicts to the comfort of the lying webs of imagination. They are all criminals. Murdering the ones, they once loved. They are all evil. Taking action with their bare hands violently in the attempt to carry through their needs. They are all presumptuous. Portraying to be God, when they are nothing but meaningless samples of life, who one day will fade away, falling into the forgotten dungeon of time.

Who are they, you ask?

That is easy.

MEN.

And it's my mission to bring them to justice. Not those pretending fair courts, full of corrupted beings. Life justice.

I watch their steps cautiously. I watch how they dig their graves every day, without even noticing. I watch everything they do. But they don't know who I am. None of them will ever know. I'm the one commanding the twisted game, I'm the one who is winning. When they are two steps ahead, I'm already in the finish line. Them? They're just pieces of a puzzle I'm assembling, slowly.

It's called revenge.

Every day, when I sit down before my window, I observe their quotidian and how oblivious they are, how they are lying to each other, how they are destroying each other. Without me having to do anything.

I used to be like them... a long time ago.

Until I found the truth.

~ACE

********************************

At Seoul National University- Campus Coffee Shop

6:47 am

It was the last week of the semester before summer vacation starts. However, it was also the exams week, the horribly stressful five days all the students have been work for, leaving a bittersweet taste lingering. It was so close to be over, yet it was the most important and the hardest part of the whole semester, before their eyes.

In days like these where the time flew by the fastest, the campus coffee shop was the place where Y/N and Stephanie found sanity, after endless hours of studying. Somehow, between the simple, yet strong aroma of roasted coffee beans welding in their fingertips and taunting their noses, the usual mix of the acerbic flavor of caffeine abiding in their cold lips and the sweet sugary taste of pastries freshly baked, the sudden warmth bolting through their veins, forcing them to stay awake for a few more hours.

Y/N always preferred to study at night, the unruffled silence of midnight, drowned in the library, made, for her, studying a little more bearable. Yet, she had to admit that having as background the ensemble of hues and shades of yellow and orange wading through indolently, the still navy sky, bathing them with warmth and light, yielding new colors to places that were once dull, had a rather peculiarly soothing feeling.

The girl was always so amazed how Steph would wake up at crazy hours of dawn to study, contradicting everything about her best friend sleepy character, something the taller one never had the ability to do without the latter pulling her by her hair out of bed.