THIRTY-FOUR.

Y/N's P.O.V

Unknown location - Seoul

9:06 pm

"Jungkook, where are we? Is this your surprise? "I asked in a troubled tone as I studied the dark streets of Seoul, illuminated simply by the intermittently flashing white light of the lamps.

This place was strange.

On one hand, quiet and calm where the sound of cold rain filling muddy puddles gradually and the wind being pushed against the windows was dominating, but, on the other hand, annoyingly, noisy with the uproar of the rusty cars' wheels running over the water ponds, the children's cries in the distance, and the very exasperating noise of the lamps twitching coordinated with the shaky light

In a way, it reminded me of my hometown. I had been just a child, but the constant gunshots, the sirens of ambulances and police cars, the painful wails of the mothers who lost their children in gang fights, the fires that burned down entire buildings, the trap music shouting along the dirty streets until the sunrise still remained intact in my darkest memory. I had fond memories of those times, but I also had many traumatic ones.

I gripped his hand, making him stop and face me. He sighed and supported his hands on my shoulders, his beetle blue and red veins that faded away progressively along his bronzed strong arms stealing my attention for a while.

"Well...do you remember when I said that might I have an idea of how to catch the killer?" He peered directly into my eyes, his eyebrows furrowed in middle of his forehead in vex.

I nodded, nibbling my lip anxiously for what he was going to tell me.

"Okay, you're going to meet...my hyungs...They'll help us."

"But that's good, right?" My eyes twinkling when I saw the small teethed smile forming on his lips as he began to talk about his friends. "We'll find out who did it."

"I guess..." His eyes landed on the ground apprehensively. "Our...methods are just not the most morally acceptable... Neither legally."

His eyes moved up, searching for mine, frightened of my answer, his half-shut eyes darkened.

"Jungkook, this stopped being morally acceptable from the moment this monster shot my mother. I don't care what happens to me after this. I want justice." I said with confidence, a glint of revenge in my gaze. A faint smile lifted up on his lips. "Even if I have to break rules to do it."

"You are quite a brave girl, huh?" His grin opened up his rigid expression. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, leading me to a building in the confines of Seoul.

« "Look Y/N, you have to do me a favor, okay?"

"Anything mommy!"

"You have to be brave when I'm not around, okay? You have to always be strong for the both of us."

"Yes, mommy. I'll always be brave."

"That's my girl! And never, ever, let the others underestimate you. Remember, my love, you are brave, smart and good. You are and always will be good enough.

I'll always be looking over you, whenever and wherever you are. I'll always be with you. Right there. In your heart." »

My eyes started to water instinctively, when Jungkook's voice unlocked one of the many memories of my mom that have been revived fiery. However, I quickly, wiped my tears with the back of my shirt, cooing up to him, my face gained a new glow and a smile breaks through my concerned mien.