TWENTY-THREE.

"Mommy is dark in here...I don't like it."

"It's just for a few minutes, baby... Do you want to play a game?"

"Yes! What type of game?!"

"Shh, Y/N... you have to keep quiet for a little bit okay?" she said in a low voice. "We are going to play hide and seek, baby."

"Hide and seek?! Really!?" the little girl squealed in excitement.

"Shh! Yes, sweetie, but you have to stay hidden here very very quiet, okay?" the woman said holding her daughter's warm hands. "Promise me you'll stay here while I'm not here."

"But I don't want to be alone, mommy! I'm scared." Y/N pout cutely. "Let me go with you. Pleasee!"

"No, honey, you have to stay. It's dangerous. I'll be right back, okay?" she refused shaking her had slightly. "When we are done playing, we are going to buy ice cream, okay?"

"Okay mommy." the girl whispered, smiling weakly. "I'll stay here."

"Good girl. I'll be back in no time. But stay quiet and really still so nobody can't find you." Her mother kissed her forehead.

"Be back soon, mommy." the kid held the hem of her shirt with a pleading expression. She smiled warmly and disappeared between the shadows.

The girl sat down on the cold floor staring at the darkness that involved her. No sound was heard, nothing was seen. She brought her knees to her chest and leaned against the wall.

"I have to stay really quiet." she mumbled to her self. "Mommy is coming, mommy is coming."

Involuntarily, she began to tremble due to the cold in room. The silence and the darkness made it harder for her to stay put. So, she began thinking about her mother and sang silently.

Twinkle, twinkle little star

How I wonder what you are

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky

The tears that progressively threatened to fall down her chubby cheeks were starting to dry. Her heart beat was getting calmer and her hands weren't shaking anymore.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. Mommy is coming." she kept repeating to herself. "Nobody is going to find me. Only mommy."

Y/N stayed still for about 15 minutes before hearing loud noises and shatter glasses. Once again, fear took over her. She let out quiet sobs while restarting the song that always calmed her down. Especially, when her mom sang.

When the blazing sun is gone

When nothing shines upon

Then you show your little light

Twinkle, twinkle all night

The six-year old girl rocked herself, taking deep breaths.

"I'm n-not scar-red. I-I'm not sca-cared."

The loud noises kept going louder and louder and now it was audible shouts between what it seemed to be two people. A man and a woman. However, she couldn't understand what they were saying. Just screams and shattering glass. Mommy is coming, mommy is coming.