SIXTY-ONE: REVELATIONS.

12:09 am

"Isn't this such a happy coincidence?" The irony rustled through the tip of his lungs as he, lazily, took another luff of poison that quickly spread through his lungs. The night was as numb as his body, naked from electric lights beaming that blinded his eyes, and it all felt utterly bitter.

"I wouldn't say this is a happy coincidence; perhaps a strike of luck or just profit from a job well done." The other one said, elbows pressed against the concrete of the terrace, leaning in as he watched the few cars that, from time to time, ran underneath them through the poorly lit roads, the percussion noises of the tires screeching against the asphalt.

"Either way," he squished the cigarette with the tip of his pointy derbies, the linger ashes being put down by his weight. He gripped a chair and dragged it all towards the yet asleep body that was making them company for a while now. At least, time enough for Jungkook to burn down two cigarettes; he'd never finish them, leaving at least more than half of nicotine yet to be consumed. "either way, what is important now is that we are going to get answers."

His eyes shifted to the young woman, limply, sat on the chair, wrists and ankles tied around it, head falling on her chest, eyes tightly closed in pain. A pleased smirk grew in his lips. "How did they really catch her?"

"They caught her right when she had her hands on the cookie jar." Taehyung chuckled, turning around to face the younger, yet, with a serious expression and with a quick flick of wrist, he threw him a black envelope, which Jungkook easily caught between his fingers. "She was about to place another one of these... Does it ring a bell?"

Running his fingertips through the sleek material of the envelope, and the Chinese golden characters, that spelled "启示" (revelation); he didn't hesitate in open it. Once again, a cluster of photographs greeted him, the thickness of the white paper and, even at the dim light that surrounded him, he could distinguish the traits of his own face. An impulse of electricity ran through him, filled with rage, and it stagnated on the tips of his fingertips, that, swiftly, grazed against the truth that the photographs held. The fire for revenge devoured the black of his eyes, jaw clenched preventing him from saying what was really going through his mind and the gore crawling up his muscles as he observed them.

This time, this time, they had captured, even if blurry, multiple images that could compromise everything he had built. And, for the first time, a taunting shiver ran through his spine when he contemplated if all of these would get out, if all of these would ever get to Y/N.

Digging his left hand on the pocket of his tailor pants, Jungkook reached for his lighter, and with a sharp graze of his thumb, the small fire emerged once again. The red and orange hued flames reflected on his glassy eyes, a sudden feeling of hunger filled him and soon crimson blazes swallowed the photographs, as they fell into the concrete ground, the quiet crackle of the fire bringing back memories of greater days.

Roughly, he kicked one of the feet of the chair and with a few snaps of his fingers, the coal eyes of the woman met him. Her eyes reflected the void expression the male had pinned on her, smudged make-up, dry black tears on her cheeks and faint purple bruises on the top of her forehead.

He sat on a metal chair, elbows propped on the back of the chair after turning it around. His eyes spat pure venom, but his lips stretched in a nauseatingly sweet smile. "Soyeon, right? Park Soyeon."

Taehyung who stood behind, handed him a file, which Jungkook ran his eyes through and then he looked back at Soyeon, a grave glare. "Soyeonie, sweetheart, what is a girl like you doing in the streets like these, hm? Not good girls' things, I'm sure."

"I was just following orders. I don't know anything."

"Well that can't possibly be true." He smiled, getting closer to the red-haired girl, her hair was as blazing as the flames that just moments ago had consumed the truth. The young woman flinched away in fear, her eyes morphing into decrescent moons like she was about to shed more tears. "Everyone knows something. And you surely know a lot, don't you, sweetheart?"