FORTY-ONE.

Unknown P.O.V

Unknown Location - Seoul Outskirts

6:06 pm

As the afternoon unfolds between the calm hidden streets, the sky painted in beautiful hues of cerulean and teal blues splashed with white, soft, tiny clouds floating leisurely, forming abstract shapes, illuminated by the blonde sunlight, which gradually started to disappear behind the skyscrapers in the distance, the dimmer beams hauling in the air brightening up the darker alleys. The spring rosy petals dragged by the chilly wind, flying lazily, close to the grey pavement. The scent of afternoon coffee and sugary pastries teeming the thick air, as the occult libraries, small cafes and snack stalls were getting progressively filled by loud laughs and ecstatic conversations of the high schoolers who had just came back from class.

Little by little, the narrow gloom streets gained some brief life, before being swallowed once again by emptiness and darkness, after the sunset. In that moment, when no living soul was seen, under the hollow obscurity of the forgotten world, the true colors of the quiet Seoul outskirts would emerge relentlessly, showing the other facet of the now happy smiles. The truth.

The fleet chime of the door resonating, as the black-haired male left the convenience store quietly, in his right hand a bag of Crab Chips, his favorite snack. Looking around the neighborhood, weakly packed with people, observing their gestures and expression cautiously, studying them, he let out a bitter scoff, noticing their obliviousness and carefree. As he was opening the bag, the male was startled by two little kids passing through them, running amusingly, their sneaky chuckles and high-pitched squeals still reverberating in his head. They looked so pure and happy.

"Hm...How pitiful." He thought, smirking, while walking towards the closest ATM.

The deadline is almost at the end, however his indebted still hadn't show any sign to pay his dues. Just like he had expected, his "friend" was too proud to lower himself to him, which meant more work for the black hair male. He hated when people just wouldn't able to follow simple orders like this one. Sometimes, he'd question himself if paying debts were that hard to accomplish; were people that headless to really think that amazing loans and lease contracts wouldn't come after them in the future? This was one of the reasons why he despised society. Men kind has grown in greed, thirst for materialism and the need to feed their shallow desires.

The black-haired male typed his secret code, checking thoroughly his bank movements. Nothing. Not even a damn cent. He punched the old machine, making it tremble due to the force. This stupid game was starting to irritate him seriously.

"Mr. Jeon wants to play, huh? Let's play then." A cynic smile curling up in his lips, while typing quickly a phone number in his disposable phone.

"Hello Jinyoung."

"Well, well... Look who is he? The Boss. How may I help you in this pleasant spring afternoon?"

"Yeah, yeah... I have a mission for you."

"A mission, huh? What do I win with this little mission of yours?"

"Don't you think you
are pushing it just a little?"

"Nothing is free, old man.
What do you need?"

"I'm going to give you a bank account number, I want you to hack it and give the owner a little scare. How does that sound?"

"Honestly? Way too easy.
But...my reward?"

"If you do the shit correctly, let's just say you won't have to worry about your daughter's health issues anymore...
I know she is struggling."