SEVENTY.

At Jimin's Apartment - Gangnam-gu, Seoul

07:32 pm

"He knows, he knows..." Fingers rubbing his forehead, trying to ease the headache that had sat on him for the last couple of hours, then, running his fingertips through his black hair. Jimin sighed, sinking down on the couch of his living room, reality hitting him hard, making him reflect on what had happened the previous night and, how maybe, he had committed the mistake to let his guard down time enough for Jungkook to read him loud and clear.

"What does he know?" Namjoon stood, leaned against the wall opposite from Jimin, staring at him in a blend of apathy and calm. With his arms crossed against his chest, Namjoon didn't let Jimin know what was really going on his head before this situation. Jimin didn't answer him, instead, letting himself get swallowed by his own thoughts and the chubby pillows of the couch, and it irked Namjoon. "Jimin, what does he know?"

"He knows we're brothers."

"Half-brothers—" Namjoon felt the need to correct him, mumbling it between girthed teeth and his clenched jaw. His fingers were sinking tightly on the material of his blazer, this couldn't be happening.

"Does that shit matter anyways!?" Jimin grunted in frustration regretting ever going to that bridge, the same bridge his mother had jumped in a desperate search for eternal peace within her, and leaving behind a twenty-year old Jimin so fresh, so new to this world of greed. 

"We have the same blood running through our veins, half-brother, full-brother, what the fuck it matters?"

Namjoon's lips pursed in a forced silence.

Jimin's eyes fell on the glass that faced him, on the coffee table. The golden drink still wavering against the walls of the cup and, when his throat began feeling too dry to allow him to speak, he grabbed it and, in a long gulp, the gold was not there anymore. The pounding of his head softened and, Jimin wondered if taking another glass, would easy it completely. However, Namjoon's voice rang on his ears once more.

It was hesitant, almost in frighten. "Hey, you're not planning to...give up, right? You aren't going to throw away this opportunity we have in hand, are you...?"

Jimin didn't answer, his coal eyes strained on the emptiness of the glass.

But, the way his eyes slowly wandered in his direction, taking his time before fully face Namjoon's expression of horror, was enough for the older man to gather his conclusions. It was everything he feared.

"You must be kidding me." Namjoon shook his head, refusing to accept the truth that it was to bare in that moment. The black-haired male's eyes met his, at last, and all they conveyed was an apologetic tarnish floating through them. Namjoon still couldn't believe it. "Jimin, you must be fucking kidding me!"

The man's lips were sealed together tightly, keeping as a secret the confirmation to Namjoon that he wasn't considering to abandon the boat, at such a crucial moment. They had come way too far to just give up like this, since being able to intrude Jeon Company, predicting and preventing every step of theirs, to having connections to Ghost's drug network, to literally putting their lives in the line for their own twisted version of a greater good.

Namjoon waited for Jimin to speak up, but his patience was running low.

"Jimin, have you forgotten that family is the reason why you didn't have a chance of having your own?" The blonde male's weight fell on his feet and he walk towards Jimin, it seemed that Namjoon's expression had softened, it was palpable on his voice. "Have you forgotten that the reason your mom hurt all through her life until her last days was that family? They're murderers, and wherever they walk through they leave of path of blood and misery."