SIXTY-FOUR.

4:13 pm

Just like before a storm breaks out there are small, tingly hints of its arrival; little teasers to the taste before a ranging explosion of nature; Y/N's heart had sent her small, tingly hints of an upcoming storm breaking out on her. But, sadly, she was too late to notice and just like the first rain, his sudden voice had already managed to make her heart bleed a little deeper when she heard it.

"Now, do tell me, am I still that predictable?"

In times like this, Y/N hoped she had the power to disappear and just run away.

"J-Jungkook...?"

"I never thought I'd be able to see that look in your eyes." He tried to laugh, but Y/N noticed the way his voice was strained and the way his forced smile hadn't reach his eyes. She observed his stiff form, the way his jaw had clenched and how his eyes had difficulty in staying pinned on hers when she realized she had been staring at him for a little too long than an ex-lover should.

Not bearing to hold the eye contact any longer, Y/N's fell naturally to her twitching fingers, internally trying to find a way to get the air out of her throat, but his presence alone was too much for her to handle and millions had been the times her mind had screamed at her to just walk pass through him and leave. Just go, run away, it's what you're good at after all. It was tempting, pretending that he wasn't there who, even if not showing, was anxiously waiting for a smart reply from her like she used to. But, times had changed and new wounds had opened.

She heard steps getting closer to her, at first slowly, then all at once but, before she could react they had already came to a halt and his heels were already pressed against the same floor as hers. And, there it was again. His scent spreading through her nostrils and the familiarity she had longed for ever since that day that marked the beginning of the end. Y/N hated this. She hated him. She hated herself. Yes, she hated herself for allowing herself to feel this way.

Jungkook wasn't planning on speaking again, since Y/N hadn't spoken a word to him besides shuttering his name, almost in a fear-like way which he detested, but he just couldn't control himself. He tried to hide it, he tried to deny it, he tried to distract himself but her face would ever so often show up in his mind followed by the tinges, that still remained strong, of the hollow stretching limitlessly through his chest. And, there it was again. Her perfume spreading through his nostrils and the familiarity he longed for ever since that day when he broke her heart.

There was so much he could say, perhaps even to an extent to reconcile with the girl before him, the girl who turned his world upside down, the girl who made him look back and reconsider about his actions, the girl who made everything better, the girl who he was too selfish to let go and the who girl who, ultimately, slipped away from his fingers like shed blood.

"I miss you."

But, he supposed she had always been braver than him in these types of thing.

Y/N swallowed dryly her tears, and with her eyes pinned on the board with the creepy staring faces she smiled sadly when at her words, Jungkook only replied with silence. With that same silence that always cut her deeply, that always replayed in her head when she went through every second of her day questioning him, herself and fate why they didn't just work out. Perhaps, they never were meant to be in the first place. Yet, accepting that was something that hurt her more than his silence when she begged a little bit more of him.

Jungkook inclined his body towards her, his face still empty of any expression and when her eyes met with his and, brown started to bleed into the dark of his black ones, he knew there was no escape left. He wanted to hold her hand, he wanted to apologize to her for being such a fucked-up monster, he wanted to tell her he most likely missed her more, but he didn't do any of those because he knew that would only be deceiving hope for a future that hadn't been lined for the both of them. So, he replied with silence, that same silence that had broken her heart just a few days ago.