SIXTY.

At Jungkook's apartment

08:57 pm

Fingertips rubbing away the creases of the black jeans, wilting rose lips and, somehow, expectant brown eyes. She sat awkwardly, throwing gazes at the tall grey ash walls that merged, between edges and corners, into one large window, into one large painting of nigh colors aching down the city, into one large, penetrating silence that worked around the fully decorated living room. Eyes never meeting, eyes never meeting. Because, she knew once they were fixed, and black started to bleed into the dark of her brown orbs, there was no escape left.

If time could stop, she'd have the opportunity to analyze, thoroughly, every single of the million thoughts that, in that moment, pierced through her mind; even if the big majority were just breathless screams in frustration. But, time doesn't stop, and thank God it doesn't. Her whole skin was burning up, and she knew exactly why.

Y/N had soon abandoned the mindset of the existence of bad and good choices, perhaps because they were already countless the ones she saw as bad ones, and needless to say was what she classified the one in coming here with him.

The brunette tucked a few strands of her hickory locks between her ear, nervously, and Jungkook found himself biting back his bottom lip, when he thought that it should've been him. He had run over his words again and again in his head, choosing and overthinking every single word, making sure he wouldn't say anything he could regret. Regret. He scoffed at the thought of how rarely he'd use that word. There were little to almost nothing that the male considered as regretful. And, right now, he was surprised at himself for regretting the person he was because of her. Person. He scoffed at that too.

"Do you want anything to drink?" He asked cautiously, stepping towards the connected kitchen with the living room slowly, after taking off his long black coat and throwing it at the nape-material couch, which fell into it graciously. "I think I have...um...water, Sprite and some random 2015 Beringer red wine for some reason."

Even if drowning sorrows and heartbreaks on the beautiful lake that was alcohol was very tempting, she refused it. As with a light mind and heart, it always came a blurry reasoning, and she needed hers healthy more than ever. So, Y/N conformed herself with water. Their fingers grazed on each other when he handed her the glass of water, and as for much Jungkook searched for her eyes, Y/N wasn't going down without a fight (with herself).

He sighed, and hooked his fingers softly on the darker roots of his hair, then brushing them away gently, his locks going back to their original place and Y/N found herself biting back her bottom lip, when she thought that it should've been her.

"So...what do you want to tell me?" Her question rolled off her tongue quicker than she thought, and even if fearful, she grabbed enough courage to meet his eyes. He pursed his lips together, and like amnesia, everything he wanted to say was erased from his mind, when she finally looked at his eyes.

"It's about last night." He said, the inner panicking being difficultly hushed by his own words. "I went to see my father...when I found out that he was arrested."

"How is he?" How are you? Brown eyes falling down on the twitching hands of his, when the thought of holding them, of calming him down, was forever imminent in her mind, but Y/N made an effort not to. Not to fall into the trap again. So, she glanced at him, once more. "Your father..."

"He's alive." That was all he said about it, and for a few mere seconds, she could swear Jungkook's eyes darkened at the thought of him, so she decided that it was for the best if she held her tongue with the questions about his father. At least, for now. But she wouldn't forget it.