EIGHT.

At Jake's apartment

11:13 am

At first it was slow, painfully slow; the taking over of the mess of his bedroom by the wide-awake rays of light. Then it hit him like crushing waves against the tallest cliffs, violent and abrupt, stirring up in that second. With opened arms the hangover greeted him, gripping into his limbs, piercing through his skull, like a welcomed guest.

Jake jutted forward, as if he had just wakened up from a nightmare. Jokes on him, for the sight that stood by his side, the arms that still limped over his waist, was more dreadful than any night terror he had remembered having.

He froze the moment the girl shifted in her place, turning her body towards him; he became ice the moment he realized the awful amount of bare skin she sported and that was never a good sign when she wasn't his own girlfriend and; he shattered into tiny ice crystals when she opened her eyes, drowsily smiling, stretching her arms over her head, as if last night had been the greatest of them all.

"Morning, you're up early—"

"Iseul?! What the fuck? What are you doing here?" Jake gripped on the sheets, jumping out of his own bed like he had just seen a monster, nothing in that second, seemed clear. Nothing in this situation, nothing in the features of the girl, nothing in himself.

There was dullness added to chuckle, one who crept the shit out of him, she crawled closer to him like a venomous serpent. "What are you talking about, Jake..." She yawned, nonchalantly. "We slept together."

"What the fuck? No, we didn't!" Jake couldn't bring himself to believe it. "I don't remember this," He pointed towards the bed, backing away farther and farther from the naked woman, under his sheets, calmer than usual. "I don't remember anything! Why would I sleep with you?!"

Iseul wasn't fazed, however, she got up from the bed, wrapping the sheets around her body and she started to approach Jake, a visible witting smile on her lips. "We both wanted it, sweetheart. I don't get what's wrong about that."

"Why didn't you stop me? I was drunk! How about Y/N!? She is your friend. How could you?"

It immediately got to him, Y/N. He had cheated on her, he had slept with another woman after, everything, he had still managed to fuck it up even more. His surroundings started to haze out on him, is vision was still blurry from last night's mistakes and, probably darker from today's regrets.

"Oh really?" Iseul laughed dryly, only stepping closer and closer, suffocating Jake with each inch of air she stole from him. He was mortified. "Like she even cared. Unlike me. Unlike me, who always cared about you, who always had feelings for y—"

"Get the fuck out of here! Now!" He avoided the laying of her arm on top of his chest, shouting angrily, desperately. His mind was running 100 miles per hour and, he couldn't think straight. And as Iseul got closer, he got slower and slower in thought, like he was falling apart into a million pieces. "Iseul! Get the hell out of my house!"

Iseul was impatient, and it took much longer for her to lash out as well. But, she had done by hurt, instead, not disappointment nor regret.

"Fine. You're such a dick."

She shouted back and when all felt like was spinning, Jake just recalled the loudest bang of the door of his apartment, as it closed, and the quick silence that overshadowed him after.

He fell into the ground, in all the mighty hopes to be swallowed by hole with his heart shirking smaller and smaller inside his chest. The last thing he remembered somewhat clear had been their fight and, that image of Y/N's lack of trust in him only grew wider and wider on his mind, devouring piece by piece.