FORTY-THREE.

Unknown's P.O.V

At Seoul Public Hospital

10:20 am

As the dawning sunrays bare through the wide-open window, penetrating the lazily hanged beige curtains, drifting peacefully through the room, the gloom and the empty silence of night is engulfed leisurely by a warm weak light and buffed voices that ran through the endless halls of the aisle 5A, which diverted to the rooms. The barely audible sound of the TV, making him company in this quiet morning. Pulling himself up to sit, against the pillows, which resembled a small tower, his tawny sank eyes ward off to the window.

Getting lost in his thoughts, observing the usual rushed life gradually teeming the air of Seoul, floods of people filling the streets, running from one side to the other, the chaotic traffic deafening his ears. The always vigorous skyscrapers upraising under the primrose sunny day, the streams of bright light creeping in tiniest streets and alleys, confirming the arrival of summer in just two weeks. The chiffon cotton-like clouds mirroring on admiral blue water of the Han river, that, serenely, bore through the cheerful city.

Jake, who now was used to wake up like this for the past few days, noticed, at last, how deceptively beautiful Seoul was in the first hours of day. So pure under the hopeful light of daytime; however, so dangerously venous during the obscurity of night.

It has been a week, since he came here, and he could finally leave this room. Even if, he would still be enclosured, in this moment, everything looked better than an annoyingly immaculate hospital room, where the only sound resonating in the thin walls was his deep breathing. His eyes move down to the empty chair, still next to his bed, facing him. It reminded him immediately of Y/N. He smiled weakly, she hadn't stayed long, but she came. That was what really matter to Jake at this point: that Y/N still cared about him. Maybe, he would still have a chance, especially, now, that his, Jimin, Namjoon and Emily's plan was starting to show results.

It was that little glimpse of hope that kept him alive until now. That tiny sunray, between a world full of darkness that gave him strength to keep going. To survive the hardships. Little did he know, that like everything in life, his last drop of hope would dry out from a moment to the other.

"Good morning, sunshine!!" A heavily sarcastic man's voice crushes Jake's thought, dragging him back to the cruel reality. Turning his head in the direction of the sudden sound, his eyes fall on top of a blonde male, stepping in his bedroom with a pleasant expression. "You sure are a heavy sleeper. I had to wait for two hours."

"Park Jimin."

"Yook Jake. How you doing, buddy?"

"I've been better."

"Yeah...I can see that." The blonde male approaches Jake, observing quietly his still bruised neck and his healing wounds. "Woah, Ghost really took it hard on you...He really likes leaving scars. At the same time, I'm and I'm not impressed."

The light brown-haired male remains silent, as Jimin seats down on the chair, crossing his leg on top of the other. "Anyways, I'm not here to discuss how Ghost almost kill you, neither your- I must say ridiculous- overdose."

"What do you want, then?" The younger male sighed nonchalantly, interiorly anxious about such surprising visit.

"I wanted to thank you, of course." Jimin grinned, the left corner of his plump pink lips curling up. "Thanks to your pity act, the little lovebirds aren't so lovebirds anymore. They fought because of you. It was really ugly, I heard."

"Really!?" The bedridden male's face lit up in an astonished smile, earning naturally a healthier glow. "That is great news!"

"Mhm-mhm... What a better way to accomplish a great farewell, right?"