SEVEN.

At Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority House

11:02 pm

Her body lit up in flowery flames, hands over her head, almost touching the purple lights, loose strands of hair flowing through her features, eyes closed, attentive on the music, lips split in a blissful smile. She burned, she burned, she burned. It was quite the mesmerizing sight, the freedom. The freedom within her bones, as she danced, oozed up to her the very tip of her fingers, swayed in the air.

He couldn't look away, perhaps hoping she would notice him, perhaps just to appreciate the view. She was refreshing and she was odd and, Jungkook found himself more intrigued about her than he probably should. That was visible in the fact that it did bother him when he saw her looking through the crowds, looking for something, someone and, that someone wasn't him for she froze the second she saw him.

He couldn't look away. Neither could she. He wondered if she was surprised he showed up. He wondered way too much for his good for, when he threw himself from the wall he was leaned on before and walked forward, in her direction- her eyes almost seemed to be calling for him and, damn her eyes-, he found himself reaching nothing for she had disappeared before he could approach her.

Y/N felt Jungkook's gaze on her. It burned, it burned, it burned. She also saw him walking towards her, it was uncomfortable the feeling that bloomed inside her. She just wanted to find Jake, she needed to find Jake, to bring her feet to the earth again for the other boy's eyes were placing in a too high of a pedestal.

She looked around, desperate and fuzzy, and before she knew it, someone had already dragged her by the hand. But it wasn't Jungkook because his image had slowly faltered within the dancing bodies.

"Yah! Who are you!?" She had shouted, harshly, after realizing that she wasn't in the dance floor anymore.

"Hey babe, calm down. It's me." Jake had been taken aback her reaction. Y/N's eyes widened in acknowledgment and relief.

But, it didn't last long because she could also feel his alcohol breath. Oh, Y/N was fucking pissed.

"Where the fuck were you!?"

"Me? I-I was taking care of some work. I told you..." He let go of her hand, it felt just as empty as before for Y/N hadn't even noticed it. She hadn't believed him either.

"What? You don't believe me!?" He snapped abruptly.

"I don't know, Jake. Should I?" There was something, for little as it was, maybe a gut feeling in Y/N, that told her he wasn't being honest with her and she just couldn't shake it away, even if she wanted to. The brunette felt constricted in that small room, he had drawn her into, she needed to breathe, she needed to clear her thoughts. Jake's overwhelming presence and shallow words were just too much and she found herself questioning how could she had been eager to see the boy before, if he was just too much, right now.

"W-wait! Where are you going?" He startled her, stopping her before she had the opportunity to leave. "Let's talk, c'mon."

Perchance it had been his softer tone that had persuade her because she had turned to him, reluctant nevertheless, to hear him out. She swallowed her anxiety and nodded him to keep going.

"How come you don't believe me?"

"Jake you've been really weird lately. Not telling me where you go or what you do." She said.

"That's nonsense." he shook his head, heading closer to her body and almost yanking up from the depth of her throat the anxiety, it felt suffocating.