SEVENTY-SIX.

Four days later,

"Yeah, don't worry, as soon as I leave to go home, I'll call you."

"Yes, yes, Steph, I'm fine, I, I just needed some time out of the city to think. I was suffocating over there... Yes, I'm eating, you worry too much, God."

"Okay, okay, I will. Don't worry, I will. When I leave to go back, I'll call you. Yes, okay, talk to you later. I'm fine, I really am."

"How long will I stay here? Well, I'm still not sure, maybe a few couple of days more, not too long. I'll tell you everything as soon as I get home."

"Yeah, okay, take care. Love you, okay, bye."

**

7:00 pm

It was pouring tonight, raindrops gliding down the windows of her room, their soft harmonies were her only company. Eyes pinned on the white closed door, hope drained that it will ever open to show the person she was been dying to see for these couple of days.

Y/N rolls her head towards the opposite direction, to the windows, the grey of the clouds filled the bedroom and pierced her right in the chest, where her heart kept bleeding for him. She hated this, she hated him. But, the urge to have him by her side again was still blazing on her skin and confusion still dominated her mind.

The woman liked to believe she was a decent liar, at least a good of a liar enough, even if she didn't like it, to fool Stephanie about her whereabouts. But, not god enough to fool herself about how she felt in these past days. She knew Jungkook was alive, she knew Jungkook's surgery had gone well and he was somewhat okay. But, what about her? She was utterly broken into pretty porcelain pieces and no one seemed to care, at least not the person she wanted the most.

She still hadn't seen him since that traumatic night, Taehyung had told her, gently, that the male didn't want to but when she asked why, the man only smiled sadly, mumbling about how exhausted Jungkook was and how he didn't want her to see him in this state. It frustrated Y/N deeply, all she wanted was to be around him, talk to him, touch him but, he'd only get farther and farther away from her.

In days like these, when days were long and nights longer, she had the opportunity to analyze herself, her feelings for the man. It made her wonder if she was in fact in love with him or if she was just in love with the idea of Jungkook. If nothing he had told her was the truth, then what assurances did she have that all those break of dawns, tangled between the grey sheets of his bed; those nights of him teaching her how to read constellations; those sweet words he would whisper on her ear were even true?

She, fore and foremost, felt completely insecure about what she meant to him.

However, when Y/N was about to dwelt deeper into her thoughts, a daily routine now, her phone that stayed placed on top of the bed stand began to ring. Her eyes drifted towards it, an unknown number, and there was no drop of hesitation in her to pick it up and answer the call.

"Hi."

His voice was rough against her ear, almost as if he had finally listened to her prayers, her heart melting into her chest when she immediately realized who it was at the way the voice breathed. It was like she could breathe, herself, again.

"Hi."

"How are you?"

"Not okay." She confessed softly, fingers curling tightly around the phone, soothed just by the way his exhales wavered through the phone. Eyes closing momentarily, to appreciate the fact Jungkook's voice wasn't in her mind anymore but singing into her ear like before, she inhaled shakily in both eagerness and relief. "I miss you, I miss you."