FIFTY-TWO

At Paradise Hotel- Busan

07:23 pm

The sun was threatening to set, disappearing between the restless waves slowly, the sunrays engulfed by the sea, leaving behind a cascading trace of blushed-tone hues on the progressively darker sky. The soft light managing to penetrate the windows of the hall, a linger sensation of accomplishment. The hallway was silent, and the only thing that accompanied him was his own reflection on the mirrors placed here and there. His eyes tempted to look back at it, but a stronger force stopped him from do it.

He was in a deep need to take a shower. After such busy day, he just couldn't wait to wash it all away, almost like the smell of the blood had impregnated his skin, reminding him constantly that he had to do something. This had gone too far, and he blames himself for it. He should've acted quicker and all of this wouldn't had worked out like it did. However, Jungkook knew that these thoughts wouldn't bring him anywhere, if not, actually, further from his goals.

He steps in the suite, anxious to see Y/N again, anxious to find some stability again. But she wasn't nowhere to be found. The royal room was painted with the sunsetting colors, deep in a disturbing silence, all the windows were opened, like she was here. The only sound was the maritime wind waving through the windows, lifting up the long white curtains. He walked inside, his eyes scanning every corner of the suite in hope of finding her. He came closer to the balcony door, and he detected another scent, quick to fly up his nose. He knew what it was. His eyebrows furrowing together in curiosity.

Pulling the door and stepping in the balcony, his breathing, which he hadn't realized, calmed down. Her figure drawn next to the fences, her arms rested on it lazily, as she leaned towards the view. Her hickory brown hair fluttering softly, as the wind claws brushed her locks away. Y/N's wry form against the balcony, as she let the salt teemed air to kiss her bare face, her innocent obliviousness of his watching, the way the light gust exposed the back of her neck, made him keep this moment for longer. Just observing.

Jungkook's gaze stops on her summer dress for a while. The girl's pale blue dress complemented her sun kissed complexion, hitting her lightly on her mid-thigh, snuggling on her waist, then with a bold backless design, plunging down to her lower back. He followed the hem of her dress down to her naked legs, tangled in each other, clumsily as always. Her skin catching the glimpses of the soft light, a glowing angel. The brunet chuckled to himself seeing her barefoot, the ground was probably stone cold, yet she didn't seem to care, in her tiptoes, in contact with the floor. So simple yet so beautiful.

A genuine smile on his lips.

"I didn't know you smoke." He broke the silence with caution. He had noticed the smell as soon as he had step in the balcony, he had seen delicate blurs of smoke shapes raising next to her, the cigarette curled around her hand lazily as she pushed small clouds out of her lips. She hadn't move an inch at his question, not resembling startled by the sudden presence, nor faced him.

"I don't." She whispered, her brown eyes still darted on the retrieving waves and the seagulls flying in the direction of the horizon. Her tone sounded so tired, which made Jungkook even more curious to know what was going on. He stepped closer, but came to a halt when she spoke again. "They're mint flavored."

"Are you hungry? We can go to that restaurant you like."

"I lost my hunger." Y/N said, as once again, pebbles left her lips. She sounded so distant, Jungkook knew something wasn't alright and he just wanted to know what it was.

Quickly, he placed himself next to her, yet Y/N didn't dare to look back at him. But he saw it anyway. He saw what was wrong. She was just there, a few inches from him, but the way she was posed, she looked to be miles away from him. His eyes fell on her hand rested on the balcony, the small cigarette between her hands. Discreetly, he took it away from her, trying to get her attention. Successfully.