FIFTY EIGHT.

09:24 AM

At Y/N's apartment

Y/N always disliked mornings, the teasing sunrise rays of light running around her face, forcing her to open her eyes. The reminder of having to, eventually, getting up and start another day was always hard to swallow, when her bedsheets hugged her so warmly and begged her to stay just a little bit more. Either that or when she had his arms tangled around her body, closely, and his mild breath tingling her neck.

But this morning, she had none of that.

Just the irksome sunbeams that still shone the same way as before, that still forced her to open her eyes, that still devoured the darkness that started to feel so comfortable. Her eyelashes fluttered, and with squinted eyes she greeted unhappily the beautiful summer day. How funny.
She turned over, avoiding the light creeping in the room, and it was when her eyes fell on the perfectly untouched pillow next to hers, all the memories rushed back in like a storm of confusion, frustration and hurt. Her eyes saddened, and sighing, she faced the white ceiling of her bedroom.

Did I screw up that bad?

She wanted to cry, she really wanted to cry but the fact tears had been stubborn enough not to fall down, only increased the emptiness in her heart. She remembers everything clearly, perhaps a little too clearly than she wanted too; every word of his still stung her skin and his silence suffocated her heart even more. The insecure questions flood her mind again, did she rush it? Did she overreact? Didn't he feel the same? Was it all in her head? Wasn't it, us, that serious?

She covered herself in her bedsheets and shoved her face on the pillow. She felt pathetic.

However, as the great best friend Stephanie was, she stormed in the bedroom, her characteristic joyful acute voice resounding around the whole room stopping Y/N from diving in deeper thoughts, in more destructive conceptions.

"Good morning sunshine!" She giving her the goofiest smile she kept to infect her the smallest curve in her lips, as she jumped on Y/N's bed. Steph could be so childish from time to time, but it was her easygoing personality that Y/N loved so much about her. "Today is... a beautiful day! Get up!"

The brunette tried to reciprocate a smile, but it seemed that the corners of her lips were locked on the flat line of hers, and she saddened about it.

The black-haired girl calmed down a little, passing her a glass of water, predicting the first thing Y/N would need is a glass of water to cleanse her stomach and maybe, because Stephanie had been an avid expert in heartbreak hangovers before meeting Jimin. "Rule number one in emotional hangovers: water is the best cleanser."

"You said the same about vodka last night." Y/N mumbled between gulping slowly down the water, with a faint smile.

"That...is also true. Yes, yes." Steph shrugged her shoulders coolly and still on her pajamas, she sneaked in inside the bed, next to Y/N. Her friend rested her head in the younger's shoulder, after placing down the glass on the nightstand.

"Love is a stupid thing." Y/N mused in a low voice, tears building up in her eyes making her vision foggy. "I hate him."

"No, you don't."

Stephanie placed an arm around her best friend, pulling her closer, compassionate to her pain. She brushed her fingers through her hair gently, in some way, reassuring that everything was going to be okay, even if she doubted it for a while. Y/N snuggled in the arms she could always cry on, in the arms she could vent her heartbreaks without the fear of getting judge.

"I know I don't, I just wished I did."

**

At Campus Coffee Shop - Seoul National University Campus