FORTY-TWO.

"No matter how much I hide and conceal it, I can't erase it."

24. 04. 13

Dear diary,

Throwing his head back, his dark chocolate hair falling idly, his nape pressed against the oh so familiar grey metal chair, as his half-closed midnight eyes wander around the gloomy room boringly, earning a new glow casted by the flickering ceiling chandelier. His eyes stop for a few moments in the lamp, the constant flickering of the dim light annoying him quietly, swaying slowly to the sound of the empty silence. Burring his ankles on the floor, he starts rocking the chair back and forward. Lost in his own selfish thoughts, drumming a low rhythm against the wooden table impatiently. This has become a habit.

His gaze wards off to the open small window, which avoid him to suffocate to death, hidden between dusty aluminum shelves, filled of rotting files and useless reports. There was no moon, there were no stars tonight, at the distance the Seoul skyline was visible, the bright flashing lights seemed to be disappearing, bleeding together gradually, as he kept staring them, until his eyes were drowned in the intimacy of darkness once again.

The nocturnal cold wind eluding through the window, crawling up to his neck quickly, sending shivers all around his body. The shadows playing through his facial lines, accentuating his already defined traits, sliding down to his bare neck before vanishing in his black leather jacket. An undefined smirk creeps in his rosy lips. The small melody tapped by his fingers against the wood getting progressively louder, his fingernails scratching through the old oak table, rupturing the ravenous cold silence.

"I start to think you miss coming back here."

"Meh...I get bored frequently."

"Huh...This brat. One day I'll catch you Kim Taehyung and you'll be able to spend a lot of time here."

"Yeah right. Just give the paper to sign and I'm off here... After a while police stations get boring."

"Your luck will run out, Kim Taehyung. You should listen to me."

"Well, this was fun Yoo Hanbin. I feel like you have started to enjoy my company as you keep me arresting me pointlessly."

"We will see about that. You should really use that brain of yours to make something productive in life, you know? I wonder what your parents must feel about their rebel kid."

"Parents? I don't have such thing."

"Oh. Who takes care of you then? You are still a minor."

"Ah... I would love to stay and chitchat with you, Yoo Hanbin. But if you don't mind me I have a few calls to make. Raincheck for...next month? How does that sound, mhm?"

"Unbelievable."

*

Sometimes, I still think if should stop coming for him. Every month I'm forced to come pick him up in the same police station, at crazy times in the night. I'd be lying if I said I've never left him here for the night, in the attempt of making him rethink how stupid his actions are, but it is useless. He is allegaly calm, for a few weeks -he actually goes to school- but he always come backs here.

It's ironic because it is always the same police station, always the same policeman arresting him, always the same petty reasons for him to get caught. But, the truth is... he is alone. Unlike like everyone else, he doesn't have a family or friends to support him. Just me, Yoongi and Hoseok and he rarely talk. I guess that is the only reason I keep bailing him out over and over again. I got tired from scolding, as my words just fly through his ears, like I've never said a thing.