Be you, no one else can

"What if they decide someone else would be a better option once they've met me?" Conor asked anxiously while pacing back and forth. "They've only ever seen me in videos y/n, what if they think I'm a dick"

Conor had been pacing and asking questions like this for the last half hour. He'd recently been approached by a production company who'd seen him in the boy's YouTube videos, they were so impressed by his humour and personality they offered him the chance to present the newest chat show. Today was the day he was meeting them to discuss details of the contract and to say he was nervous would be an understatement.

You pulled on his arm as he paced past once again causing him to fall onto the sofa next to you. You wrapped your arms around him tightly to prevent him getting up again and to your relief he reciprocated, he hid his face by your neck and breathed in your familiar scent which never failed to comfort him.

"Relax Con," you told him as you ran your fingers through his hair, trying to calm him down as much as possible.

"But y/n/n, I don't know what I'm meant to say or how to act. I'm scared they'll hate me in person," he confessed in a vulnerable voice which made your heart flutter in adoration.

"Conor they picked you because they already think you're amazing, they'll love you trust me"

"But"

"No Conor, no buts," you interrupted him "do you want my advice?" You felt him nod against the side of your neck and moved away so you could look him in the eyes "Be you, no one else can"

"You sure that'll be enough?"

"Positive" you replied with a smile and gave him a sweet kiss that made the butterflies in your stomach come out to dance like always.