Needy?

Being near Conor was a feeling you cherished. The way his soft skin felt against yours, his arms around your waist, being able to feel his steady heartbeat, his warm breath fluttering across your skin, the butterflies that erupted when you heard his laugh or saw his bright smile, the list of things was endless but they were all things that made you love Conor.

However, it hadn't always been easy to be with Conor. Towards the beginning of your relationship his fans were convinced that you were in it for the money and gave you both a hard time about it but that was far from the truth. In fact, when you first met Conor you didn't even know who he was, you just knew he was the most adorable human being you'd ever met with the worst chat up lines you'd heard in a long time. You knew he was someone you could see a future with, even from the start.

Although it'd been a rocky start you'd made it through and these days you'd become so accustomed to spending your days and nights with Conor that you often found your days alone lonely and the nights sleepless. Just like tonight. You'd texted him 20 minutes ago asking if he could come over but it was only 12, you knew he'd be at the studio until late and then he'd most likely head straight home.

After deciding it was useless staying in bed any longer you trudged into the living room with your quilt in tow and cosied up on the sofa to watch some Netflix. In the midst of watching some horror your best friend had recommended to you, you didn't notice the door opening and someone entering.

The sudden feeling of a hand on your shoulder filled you with panic and you screamed falling off the sofa, landing tangled with your quilt on the floor you looked up to be met with the amused face of your boyfriend.

A smile lit up your face and you fought to untangle yourself and ran over to Conor, wrapping your arms around his body, "You're here," you mumbled, your voice distorted by the jacket your face was pushed firmly into.

Conor's arms tangled around your body and he softly kissed the top of your head, "Why wouldn't I be?"

You tilted your head up so you could look into his bright blue eyes, the exact eyes that never failed to make you feel safe, "Because I knew you were busy and your main priority in life isn't to spend all your time with your needy girlfriend who couldn't sleep."

"Well it just so happens I couldn't concentrate because I desperately wanted to see this so called needy girlfriend you speak of."

"In that case, there's no need for me to feel incredibly guilty if I drag you to bed with me, is there?" You raised your eyebrows and grabbed his hands, pulling him slowly towards your bedroom where you were desperate to spend the rest of the night cuddled with your boyfriend.

"There most definitely isn't."