Lost ring

You were frantically crawling around the living room floor looking under all the furniture when you heard the front door opening, you froze in hope that it wasn't coming but when you saw his shoes coming towards you from under the sofa you cursed under your breath.

Sometime during the day you'd lost your engagement ring and you were hoping that you would be able to find it before Conor got home but it was now quite evident that it wouldn't be possible.

"Y/N?" you heard him call.

You sighed, mentally preparing yourself to see the disappointment on his face once you'd told him. "I'm down here"

You saw his head appear over the top of the sofa and a look of confusion take over his face, "And why are you on the floor?" he asked quite obviously stifling a laugh.

"Uh, I"

"You what?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, he walked around the sofa so that he was in front of you and held out a hand to pull you onto your feet.

When you were face to face with him it seemed so much harder but you knew you'd have to do it sooner rather than later so you blurted out, "I've lost my engagement ring."

"You lost your ring?..." you nodded and looked at his face but instead of disappointment you saw a smirk and look of amusement.

"You're not disappointed in me?" you asked cautiously.

"You lost your ring?"

"Yeah, I just told you that Con"

"You mean the one that I was going to get altered today?" he questioned with a smirk, he put his hand into his pocket pulling the ring out and waving it in front of your face.

Realisation dawned on you and you brought your hands up to cover your face in embarrassment. You heard Conor laughing at you and his arm wrapped around your shoulder to pull you closer. "Baby, how long have you been looking for it?"

"Since just after you left," you groaned removing your hands to wrap around Conor and hiding your face in the crook of his neck instead.

He pulled away from you and got down onto one knee, holding the ring out to you, "Marry me, again?" he asked with a big cheesy grin.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it" you shrieked in mockery and held your hand out to him. He slid the ring onto your finger and kissed you softly.

"I love you" he mumbled against your lips.

"I love you too, even if I did spend hours searching for a ring that you had all along"