I'm not hungry

You were at Conor's flat waiting from him to return from the studio, you'd been really down all day and all you wanted to do was have cuddles and kisses from Conor. To pass the time you were looking through Instagram, clicking on your favourite photo of you and Conor you started reading through the comments.

Usually you were a glass half full, positive kind of person and just ignored any negative comments but today you were drawn to them. Instead of being cheered up and reassured like you craved you were being brought down even more.

"Look at her staring at that pizza, I bet she loves it more than Conor"

"She doesn't deserve Conor, if he's not careful she may eat him"

"She's such a fatty, I swear she's eating something every time I see her"

There was one type of comment that caught your attention, the ones mentioning your weight or your eating habits. You weren't overweight, in fact you were nowhere near overweight but you had always been insecure about how you looked. Most people were surprised about how much you ate for someone so small but you'd always been that way as you had very high metabolism and were always very active so you needed the energy.

After reading so many hateful comments you decided that maybe they were right, you did eat too much and that needed to change. After all, if his fans were thinking that maybe he was thinking the same thing and if Conor left you then you wouldn't know what to do anymore.

...

"Y/N?" Conor shouted out as he walked into his apartment an hour or so later.

"In here," you replied, quickly wiping the tears off your face and making yourself look presentable before he entered the room.

"Hey," he said softly sitting on the bed next to you and clasping your hand, "I'm sorry it took me so long, I got stuck at the studio. I'm sorry you lost your job baby"

"It's not fair Conor, I don't know what I did wrong," you choked out before breaking down into tears.

"Hey, hey it's okay," he soothed you and pulled you into him where you sobbed into his neck. "I've got something that'll cheer you up," he told you a few minutes later when your sobs had started to die down.

He walked out of the room and a few moments later he returned with a pizza from your favourite Italian. As much as you wanted to take the pizza you told yourself that you must resist otherwise you'll never change, "I'm not hungry Con."

"What? You never turn down pizza," Conor stated clearly confused.

"I don't want it, can I just have cuddles instead?" you asked trying to get him to drop the subject, he should be happy you were finally cutting down anyway.

"Oh okay, of course," he put the pizza on the floor and climbed under the covers next to you, tightly wrapping his arms around you and kissing your forehead softly.

....

It'd been a few weeks since you'd started to cut down on what you were eating, your friends kept questioning your behaviour but they just assumed it was due to the stress of you losing your job and Conor had been too busy at the studio during the day so he hadn't really noticed yet.

You looked up from your phone when you heard the door open and saw Conor standing in front of you holding a bag which was from one of the food places he liked to get food from when he was in the studio.

"What are you doing here?" You asked wondering why he wasn't still in the studio like he usually was at 1 pm.

"Charming, nice to see you too. I came to have lunch with my favourite girl because I haven't seen you enough lately" he told you sweetly and kissed your cheek before sitting next to you and pulling the food out.

You looked at the food in front of you searching for something small to eat to avoid Conor becoming suspicious. Your eyes settled on the salad and you picked it up.

Conor gave you an odd look as he saw you picking at the salad, "Are you okay babe? Do you fell ill or something?" he asked concerned and placed his hand on your forehead to check for a temperature.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling too good," you told him playing along, this would be a great excuse and you maybe you could finally spend some time with him if he thought you were ill.

"Awe baby, how about I take the rest of the day off to look after you. That sound good?" You nodded in response and he pulled you into a cuddle.

...

It had been 2 months now since you had started eating less and your lack of food had become noticeable along with your ribs. Conor had now become very suspicious and he was getting increasingly worried every time he saw you eat or to be exact saw how little you ate. Today was your birthday and Conor apparently had a surprise that he'd been sorting out for the last hour leaving you confined in your room.

The bedroom door opened and Conor entered carrying a birthday cake and singing happy birthday at the top of his lungs.

"Make a wish." He whispered in your ear and you blew out the candles. He produced a fork from his pocket and handed it to you, "dig in, I made it myself and it turned out quite well if I do say so myself" he told you with a proud smile etched on his face.

"No thanks Con, I'm not very hungry" you mumbled handing the fork back to him.

Conor sighed and put the cake down on the bedside table, "Y/N/N, we need to talk"

Your breathing quickened fearing that he was breaking up with you and he finally saw what his fans saw, "Please don't break up with me," you blurted out in panic and you quickly reached for his hand, holding onto it as tight as possible.

"I'm not breaking up with you babe, I'm talking about your eating habits. At first I didn't want to say anything because I assumed it was stress or something but I'm worried Y/N. You've lost too much weight and you're practically eating nothing, I'm pretty sure Anna's pet rabbit eats more than you do" he returned the grip on your hand and looked into your eyes.

"I'm sorry Conor. I was just taking your fan's advice, I thought it may make you love me more." You sobbed. Tears started to stream down your face and Conor pulled you into him.

"Shhhh, it's okay" he comforted you while rubbing your back, as you continually mumbled sorry into his neck. "You shouldn't have listened to them baby, you're perfect just the way you are and there's nothing you could do to make me love you anymore because I already love you way too much."

You moved back so you could look into his eyes, "Promise?"

"I promise, now let's get some food into you" he grabbed the cake and fork from the side handing it to you.

You spent the rest of the day in bed with Conor, cuddling and making up for the food you'd neglected for the last 2 months.