Hurt

"What did that asshole do to you?" your best friend asked as she sat next to you.

You were buried under multiple blankets, used tissues surrounded you and you had an empty pot of ice cream sat next to you. You were a mess and there was no denying it.

"What?" you mumbled refusing to tear your eyes away from your phone.

"What's Conor done? And don't tell me nothing otherwise you wouldn't be looking like this."

"Nothing, it was me that fucked up."

"what do you mean?" she asked gently.

"I made a mistake Y/F/N, I made a huge mistake and now everything's fucked up because of it."

"Did he break up with you?"

"Not quite but he hasn't spoken to me for the last 3 days," you sniffled a little before starting to pour your heart out.

"I love him so much, he's constantly on my mind. I just crave being near him and feeling his touch again. I keep replaying all the good times we had together in my head and I can still hear his laugh and see his smile but then I remember that I hurt him, I caused that smile and laugh to disappear. He made me feel special and like I was someone but I just threw it back in his face. He made sure I was happy and he loved me yet I didn't appreciate what he did for me enough. I didn't realise until I fucked up how much he did for me, how he reassured me and comforted me when I was upset, how he made me feel loved. But I hurt him and it's torture to know that he's hurting because of me."

Your eyes were drawn back to your phone when you saw it light up but your heart sank when it wasn't Conor.

"Have you spoken to him?"

"I've tried. He isn't answering my calls or texts, Jack told me to just give him time," you sighed.

"Well in that case, give him some time Y/N. He loves you, anyone can see that."

Conor's P.O.V

It'd been a week since you last spoke to her. Jack had been on your back all week telling you that you needed to either speak to her or make it clear it was over, but you couldn't. Sure, she hurt you but right now you couldn't stand living without her so breaking up with her wasn't even an option you were willing to consider but you weren't sure if you were ready to speak to her yet.

Your mind was in damage control mode and telling you maybe it would be a good idea to end things now, end things before she had the chance to hurt you again. But your heart, your heart was craving to hear her say "I love you" again and to feel her lips and body pressed against yours.

You were sat staring at the lock screen of your phone, which was a picture of both of you, when Jack walked into the room. He sighed as he saw you sat in the same position as the last time he checked on you and came to sit next to you.

"Mate you can't keep living like this, you need to speak to her or something."

"You know, I wish I could forget about her, forget how she hurt me and just move on but I can't. She's always on my mind and the thought of leaving her makes me feel more broken than I already am," you told him totally disregarding his previous statement.

You watched as Jack sighed again and took your phone from your hands, he unlocked it and opened Y/N's contact typing in the message "We need to talk, come over?" then handed the phone back to you without pressing send. You watched as he stood up again and walked over to the door, he paused before leaving the room to look at you "The ball's in your court, you don't have to send it but think about it."

After staring at the message for a couple of minutes you took a deep breath and hit send, hoping you weren't making a big mistake. The reply was almost instantaneous, seconds later you heard your phone ding and you looked down at your screen to see "I'll be there in ten".

Your heart was racing at the thought of seeing her again and in next to no time you'd be deciding whether to follow your head or your heart.