Coming home

It had been 6 months, 6 whole months since you'd been able to see Conor properly. You were a medic in the army and had been deployed earlier this year, it'd been hard leaving Conor. Only seeing him on skype three times a week for a limited amount of time, not being able to kiss him or even touch him was one of the hardest things you'd ever done. You knew that Conor missed you but he didn't complain, he always made sure to show his bright smile and hide the loneliness when you spoke but you could see straight through his act.

But you were going home, after 6 long months you were going home to him. They had allowed you to go home a month earlier than expected and you'd decided that you were going to surprise Conor. You'd gotten in touch with Jack and he'd agreed to help you out, he was going to pick you up from the airport tomorrow morning and then in the afternoon you'd surprise Conor.

...

"Jack," you shouted as you saw him in the carpark, you ran towards him and he embraced you in a tight hug.

"Hey shorty, I missed you," he pushed your body away from his and looked at you, "nope still haven't grown any taller."

You hit his arm jokingly and laughed at him, "nope still haven't stopped being a twat"

Jack's face feigned a look of shock and his hand came up to cover his heart, "Ouch Y/N, ouch."

...

"Right, that's the last one and he should be here any second," Jack stated as he finished adjusting the last camera.

"Thanks for helping me Jack."

"Any time shorty, now just remember I don't want any indecent footage on here because I have to edit it," just as he said this you heard a knock at the door.

"You're such a dick," you muttered quietly as you quickly left the room to hide.

Jack had been talking to Conor for 20 minutes now and you silently cursed him for taking so long, you were starting to get bored sat alone in his bedroom and you were desperate to finally see Conor.

Eventually you heard the line you'd been waiting for, "I'm just going to the bathroom." A smile grew on your face as you realised it was time, you would finally see Conor after so long. You quietly walked down the hallway until you were stood in the entrance of the living room where you could see him.

He looked different to the last time you'd seen him, he'd lost weight without having you to make sure he'd eaten something and he didn't look as happy and energetic as he used to do.

You cleared your throat to gain his attention and he stared in shock for a few seconds before he quickly got up and ran over to you. As soon as he reached you he pulled you tightly into his body, his lips joined with yours in a passionate kiss and for the first time in a long time you got lost in each other. Being wrapped in his embrace again felt amazing and his lips felt even better against yours than you remembered. You pulled away to catch your breath and Conor continued to place short kisses against your lips.

"Fuck I've missed you," he mumbled against your lips.

"I missed you too, more than you can imagine," you gave him one last kiss before pulling back so you could look at him properly.

"I love you," he said with a big smile plastered on his face.

"I love you too," it felt good being able to tell him this to his face once again, to watch the way his eyes lit up and his smile become that little bit bigger.

"I thought you wouldn't be back for another month, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" You saw his eyes quickly scan your body for any visible injuries and you laughed lightly at his protectiveness.

"I'm fine Conor, we were granted permission to come back early as we weren't needed any more."

"Oh thank God," he sighed in relief. He bought his hand up to your cheek and started to run his thumb along your cheekbone making you shiver at his touch.

"Now, what about you. Have you been eating properly Con?" his gaze dropped from yours and you instantly knew the answer "I'm gonna kill Jack, I told him to look after you," you grumbled.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, his eyes returning to yours.

"Don't worry, how about we go get some food now? I'm absolutely starving," he nodded in response, his arms fell from around your body but you didn't lose contact for long as he grabbed your hand and laced your fingers together.

You shouted goodbye to Jack and then left his flat. You made sure to stay close to Conor while walking down the street and you made him tell you everything that had happened while you had been gone.

It didn't take long for Conor's energy and humour to return. Your worries of things being different were diminished, it was as if you'd never left. The only difference being that the only time you managed to pry Conor off you that day was when you had to go to the toilet but you weren't complaining about that.