Thailand

In exactly 3 days you would have been dating Conor for 5 years, 5 amazing years that you wouldn't swap for the world, and for your anniversary Conor had surprised you with a trip to Thailand. It was currently 4 am and you were walking through the airport waiting for your flight, gripping Conor's hand tightly to make sure you didn't get lost like last time you flew somewhere with him.

"I can't wait to go to the beach, I even packed my bikini in my bag so we don't have to unpack our suitcases we can just go straight away," you rambled excitedly to Conor telling him everything you wanted to do while you were there.

"Steady on, we're not even on the plane yet" Conor chuckled at your behaviour and kissed your cheek sweetly.

...

Today was your anniversary and so far, you'd had the best day with Conor. He woke you up with an amazing breakfast in bed and you'd spent the rest of the day walking around the local shops and just chilling, it'd been perfect. Although Conor had seemed a bit odd all day, well since you'd got to Thailand really, but you couldn't quite figure out what it was.

You were currently getting ready to go out for dinner, Conor had refused to tell you where you were going but he'd insisted that you'd love it. Applying a final coat of lip stick you turned to Conor who was sat patiently waiting on the bed. "Ready," you stated with a smile and giggled when he stood up cheering.

"You look beautiful," he told you sweetly and kissed your cheek before grabbing your hand and dragging you out of the hotel room.

...

"Are you all right Con?" You asked as you allowed him to lead you along the streets.

"Huh, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" he replied anxiously, his slightly clammy palm gripping yours tighter.

"I don't know, you just seem kind of nervous"

"you worry too much, I'm fine," you sensed that you weren't going to get an honest answer so dropped it and walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence.

...

"Oh my god Conor, it's perfect. I love you so much" you squealed as you saw where he was taking you.

You were at the beach again but this time there was a table set for two under the palm trees, which had fairy lights wrapped around their trunks, and there was candles in the sand surrounding the table.

"I'm glad you like it. I love you too Y/N, so much" he beamed at you and carried on walking towards the table. When you got there, he pulled out your chair for you to sit down and then took the seat opposite.

"How did you do all of this?" You asked him looking around to take in every single detail of your current surroundings.

"It's a secret," he replied winking at you.

...

Dinner had been lovely, Conor had ordered some local cuisine for both of you to try and it was absolutely delicious. You were now taking a stroll across the beach, you felt a pull on your hand making you realise that Conor had stopped walking so you turned around to face him.

Conor tucked a piece of hair behind your ear and leaned in close, "I love you, you know?" he whispered in your ear and then kissed your neck before moving back to look at you.

A huge smile graced your lips and you nodded in response, no matter how long you'd been together with this boy he still made your heart beat erratically and butterflies appear in your tummy.

"So, I've got something to ask you" Conor said, his voice laced with nerves which confused you. What could he possibly be asking you that would make him this nervous?

When you saw his hand reach into his pocket and he got down onto one knee everything slipped into place in your mind and your hands flew to your mouth in shock, "Conor!" you gasped, tears already falling from your eyes.

"Shhh," in one hand he held a closed ring box and his other hand reached out for yours. "Ever since the first time I saw you 5 and a half years ago at my music video set I've believed that you're the most amazing and beautiful girl in the world. I knew the moment I laid eyes on you that I wanted to, no needed to get you know you better. Even if you refused to make that easy for me, it took me nearly 6 months of begging and hassling to get you to go on a date with me. And although it was a pity date because I'd broken my leg and you felt bad because it was you that pushed me down the stairs, look at us 5 years later branded as one of the UK's power couples and madly in love."

"I thought we'd agreed to forget the stairs incident," You chuckled remembering the incident which resulted in Conor's injury.

"Shut up, I'm being romantic here," he stated making you giggle again. "A few weeks ago I was doing an interview and they asked what my plans were for the next few years, I knew they were asking me about my plans for my singing career but all I could think of was you and how I couldn't see any of my future plans without you in them. That's when I decided that I wanted to marry you, because without you I haven't got a future. So, Y/F/N, will you marry me?" he asked finally opening the box to reveal the most beautiful ring you'd ever seen, but it wasn't the ring you were interested in it was the amazing, talented, adorable boy knelt in front of you.

"Yes, yes, yes" you yelled and pulled him of the floor. You wasted no time in pulling him in to a passionate kiss, wrapping your arms around him tightly to get as close as possible. "I love you so, so much," you mumbled against his lips.

He pulled away and slipped the ring on your finger then pulled you straight back in for another kiss. It was safe to say your 5 year anniversary was one of the best days of your life.