Magical Christmas

There was no denying that you were definitely in the Christmas spirit. Sitting in front of the crackling fire, tucked tightly under Conor's arm while drinking hot chocolate was the only way you wanted to be spending Christmas Eve. The rich smell of cocoa mixing with the homely smell of the pine tree that was sat in your living room was simply heavenly, the comforting scent of the gingerbread you had cooked earlier in the day that still lingered reminded you of your childhood celebrations making it feel even more special.

Decorations surrounded you, stockings hung from the fire, brightly wrapped presents surrounded the tree and fairy lights were strung in every possible location ensured that the season couldn't be forgotten. The golden lights on the Christmas tree that twinkled and the tv that dimly lit the room completed the perfect Christmas scene that was currently unfolding in your home.

Your spaniel puppy, Buster, was curled up in his bed next to the fire which cast a soft glow over his tiny sleeping body. His head rested on the reindeer toy that Jack had bought and Buster had instantly fallen in love leaving him to carry it absolutely everywhere around the house, the sight was quite comical as the toy was nearly the same size as him.

The room was filled with the soft crackling of the fire and the noise from the Christmas movie that was playing quietly in the background, although you weren't particularly interested in it, the only thing that really caught your attention out of all the beautiful things surrounding you right now was Conor.

He was relaxingly lounged across the sofa in the Christmas pyjamas that you'd forced him into earlier in the evening with a blanket draped over his lap. He was softly humming a Christmas tune while intently watching Elf on the tv, his favourite Christmas movie of all time. The lights that hung around the room reflected magically in his crystal blue eyes, making them even more breathtaking than they usually were. His hand that was wrapped around you gently rubbed up and down your arm, filling you with an eternal type of warmth that the fire or a blanket could never provide you with.

You'd spent many Christmases together but the magical feeling he provided every year had yet to disappear. He made every part of the holiday special and provided you with more excitement than the thought of Santa ever did around this time of year.

Ever since you were a young girl you'd imagined what Christmas would be like when you were an adult and even though you'd never imagined it this way, you couldn't wish for anything better. Everything was perfect, especially the amazing man that was cuddled up with you.