Jealous

"Stop!" you squealed at Jack trying to escape his relentless tickling.

"Only if," he started to say when you suddenly shoved him causing him to lose his balance and topple off the couch bringing you with him, leaving you both in a giggling heap on the floor.

You looked up to see Conor stood there watching you both, a glint of something you couldn't quite recognise in his eyes making them look stormier than they usually did. "Hey Con," you smiled at him, attempting to get off the floor.

"Don't let me interrupt you," he replied glumly and walked off to his room before you had a chance to say anything else.

"What's up with him?" you asked Jack, concerned about your boyfriend's behaviour.

"Probably just a bad day at the studio," he replied making you nod your head in agreement. "Now can you get off me, your knee is somewhere that knees shouldn't go" he groaned.

...

You knocked on Conor's door and opened it when you heard a grunt in response "Conor?" you said softly.

"What do you want Y/N? Can't you see I'm busy?" he snapped.

"Oh, I um" you stuttered.

"What? If you don't want anything then can you leave me alone, I did say I was busy"

"Sorry, I'll just hang with Jack until you're finished then" you said quietly and turned around closing the door behind you.

"Of course you will, you'd probably enjoy that more than being with me anyway" Conor angrily muttered after you left.

...

It had been hours since you had seen Conor, he hadn't even come out of his room to get food and it was now nearing 1 am. Feeling the strain of tiredness on your eyes you made your way towards Conor's room to go to bed.

When you entered his room it was dark but you could see him clearly from the light the moon provided shining through the window; he was led in bed, staring intently at the ceiling.

"You didn't have any food," you said simply sitting next to where he was led on the bed.

"Wasn't hungry," he replied bluntly not even looking at you.

"Have I done something wrong Conor?" you asked and received no answer. "Conor look at me!" you grabbed his chin and turned his face towards you, only just noticing his tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

"Wouldn't you rather go spend some more time with Jack?" he croaked trying to turn his face away but failing to escape you grasp.

"What are you talking about Con?" you asked confused.

"You seemed to be having a great time with him earlier before I came in and ruined it"

"You're jealous of your brother," you stated slightly amused. Conor shrugged in response, "Con, there's nothing to be jealous of. You're my boyfriend not Jack and I love YOU not Jack"

"Are you sure? Because it wouldn't be the first time that my girlfriend preferred Jack to me," his voice was laced with vulnerability and you saw another tear escape his eyes.

Seeing Conor so vulnerable and insecure hurt, you climbed under the covers and pulled his body tight against yours in a hug.

"Of course I'm sure silly, I love you so much Conor. You and only you," you kissed his forehead, he buried his head in the crook of you neck and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you even closer to him than you already were.

"I love you too, I'm sorry" you heard him mumble into your neck. His tears were making your skin wet but you didn't mind, he started to repeatedly kiss your neck making you smile.

"It's okay," you told him, running your fingers through his curly hair. About 10 minutes later you felt his body relax and breathing even out alerting to you that he'd fallen asleep.

"What am I going to do with you?" You mumbled and then kissed the top of his head before going to sleep yourself.