Banished

"Do you want to hear something funny?" Conor asked as he approached you.

You narrowed your eyes at him knowing this couldn't be good. It was 11pm and you were currently stood in the reception area of a hotel in Belgium, Conor was doing a show there and you decided to tag along after hearing that it was a beautiful country. However, from the look on his face as he approached you after checking in you were starting to doubt whether this had been a good idea.

"What have you done now?" you grumbled.

"I think it's more a case of what I haven't done. Turns out I never booked that second room and now they have no vacancies so you're stuck with me for the night."

You groaned and covered your face with your hands. Out of all the people you could be forced to share a room with why Conor? You didn't dislike Conor, in fact you more than liked Conor and you had for a long time and that was the problem. Hiding your feeling for him wasn't going to be easy if you had to stay in a room together.

"You're such an idiot," you whined hitting his arm.

"Come on, you love me really," he teased grinning at you.

You rolled your eyes at him, trying to act casual while your heart was beating double time, "whatever, let's just go find our room."

...

"Awh look, there's a sofa over there for you to sleep on," you told Conor as you walked into the room and jumped onto the bed, claiming it as your own.

"You can't be serious?" he groaned looking over at the particularly uncomfortable looking piece of furniture.

You raised your eyebrows at him while maintaining a stern expression to show you weren't joking.

"Y/N," he whined, "You can't banish me! This is my bed too."

"Well, if you'd remembered to book another room we wouldn't have this problem would we. It's your fault so deal with it."

"Please," he pouted at you and moved to sit on the bed next to where you were led. He placed his hand on top of yours and softly rubbed his thumb along the side, the gesture made your breath catch in your throat and you lost your ability to think straight.

"I'll make sure to stay on my side," he breathed into your ear.

"Uh, yeah, fine," you stuttered, a shudder running down your spine as you felt his warm breath on your skin.

...

You woke up the next morning to your body tangled with another, you quickly realised it was Conor's but made no attempt to move. His body fit with yours like a puzzle piece and his warmth radiated cocooning you like a blanket.

"I love you so much Y/N, you have no idea" you heard his soft voice whisper.

You froze in shock, he loved you? How had you never known that he felt the same way? Your mind started racing as fast as your heart, should you respond to him? He obviously thought you were sleeping.

You finally gave in to your heart and decided to respond, "I love you too, I always have."