Barbecue

You were miserable, there was no denying it. Today was the annual Maynard family barbecue and Conor wasn't there. He'd promised that he'd make it back for this and you were excited to finally see him after a long moth apart but his flight had been delayed and he was stuck in an American airport.

You'd attempted to fake a smile but had given up a while ago, they understood anyway you weren't the only one who missed Conor after all.

"Hey Y/N, come here." You heard Jack call from the kitchen. You rolled your eyes and made your way to the kitchen preparing yourself for whatever stupid thing he could have possibly done this time.

"What have you-" you began but froze when you saw the familiar face you'd been craving to see for the past few weeks.

"Oh my fucking god," you breathed frozen to the spot, scared that if you moved too close it'd all turn out to be a dream.

"I was expecting a warmer welcome from you," he stated in amusement, walking towards you and pulling you into a tight hug.

"I missed you," you mumbled to him, clinging to his body.

"I missed you too baby, so much," he whispered into your ear before kissing your lips, something you'd greatly missed doing when you were limited to texts and facetime calls.

"I guess I'll leave you two to it then." Jack said with an amused smile on his face.

After hearing the door close he pulled you impossibly closer to him, kissing you once more. "I'm so happy to have you in my arms, I never want to be away from you for this long again," Conor said, looking more serious this time.

You nodded and told him how much you just wanted to be with him every day. He kissed you once more and the two of you stood in the kitchen for a bit, filling each other in on what happened in your time apart.

Neither of you realised that both of your mums stood outside of the kitchen, watching the two of you and gushing over how cute you looked together. As they walked back over to family they kept talking about how big Conor's smile was when he looked at you and how tightly you held on to each other and soon you were the talk of the barbecue.

You walked out of the kitchen holding Conor's hand, and when he announced his presence to his family he of course started greeting everyone. You just sat down and watched your gorgeous boyfriend laugh with his aunts, uncles, cousins and siblings.

You were sat comfortably on Conor's lap when his mum spoke up about her earlier thoughts. "So, Conor when can we expect an engagement?" She asked casually.

"Hopefully soon, I don't really see myself with anyone else so it's coming," his words made you smile brightly and a blush cover your cheeks at the same time.

"And when can we expect grandchildren?" your own mum asked making you squirm slightly but thankfully Conor was quick with his answer

"Well right now I'm quite busy with my career and so is Y/N, but I hope soon after we get married. Don't you think Y/N?" You smiled at him, even though his answer was quick he was quite nervous.

"Yes, I do hope we have children but not until after our marriage, it just seems too soon right now." Both of your mums were beaming with happiness and even Jack was smiling like an idiot at both of your answers. Conor kissed your cheek and both of you enjoyed the rest of the barbecue.

Later that night when Conor was driving home he looked at you with a big smile on his face. "Were you serious about what you said back there?" he asked.

"Of course Conor, I would love to start a family with you. Having a bunch of little yous running around the house would be lovely," you said back, grinning at the thought.

"I honestly cannot imagine myself with anyone else. You make me so happy and you understand me like no one else. Having you as my wife and mother of my children would be the best thing ever,"he responded and then added cheekily, "and of course making the babies will be fun as well."

"I love you Conor." You beamed at him.

"I love you too Y/N, so much."

I'v been working with a friend to get my requests completed so if you've got any requests you want to send in go for it!