Hurt (part 2)

The moment replayed in your head like a continuous montage that was never ending. You could still see the smirk etched on her face as she danced with that other bloke, hellbent on making you jealous and you could still feel the pang of pain shoot through you as her lips touched her.

Sure, she was drunk, so were you but is that any excuse?

All this because of one argument, it was stupid then and it still is now. She'd seen a picture of a fan kissing your cheek and the argument proceeded from there. After calling a truce not long after you assumed it was all forgotten but you were proved wrong when you went out together with the boys that evening, she'd made the choice to get revenge and make you jealous.

But she just had to take it one step too far, you knew that she wasn't the one to initiate the kiss but it still hurt all the same that she was even with that guy to start with.

Regardless of how angry you were with her you loved her so much, she was the one to keep you grounded and make you feel safe. You knew that no matter what you couldn't lose her.

You were so caught up in your thoughts you didn't notice someone knocking on the door nor you girlfriend walking through it moments later and approaching you.

"Conor?" you heard a soft voice saying, breaking you out of your trance. You looked up and connected eyes with the ones you'd been craving to see for the last week.

"Y/N," you breathed, reaching out for her hand which she eagerly took.

You stared at each other for a few moments before she started to cry, for a moment you hesitated but then your instincts set in and you stood up and pulled her into your embrace.

"I'm so sorry Conor," she sobbed into your chest, you didn't say anything for a while just clung to her body as if your life depended on it.

Y/N's POV:

As soon as his eyes met yours you could see how badly you'd hurt him, all this because you were jealous of some random girl that he'd never see again. Tears welled up in your eyes and before long you lost control and they came tumbling down your cheeks.

The feeling of his warm familiar arms wrapping around you took you by surprise but you didn't waste any time in returning the embrace.

You continuously sobbed your apologies into his chest and he just held you tighter in response. Your sobs eventually died down and the only sound left was your breathing and the occasional sniffle.

"Do you hate me?" you asked moments later breaking the silence.

He sighed and stayed quiet for a little while, just as you'd assumed the answer was yes and come to terms with the fact you were going to have to leave and let him go he spoke up. "I probably should but no, I love you too much to be able to hate you."

Relief washed through your body and you pulled away from his chest to look at him, "I love you too, so much Conor." You tangled your fingers in his hair and pulled his head down to yours, letting all your emotions pour out into that kiss.