Family

You paced back and forth nervously in the bathroom, the timer you'd set on your phone made you jump as it went off after what felt like an eternity. You slowly made your way over to the windowsill where you'd left 3 plastic sticks that could change your life forever.

You stared at them intently and sighed before finally gaining the courage to turn them over. One by one you flipped the pregnancy tests over, a smile growing on your face each time you saw the '+' displayed clearly on the screen. You were pregnant. You and Conor were actually going to have a baby.

You placed your hands on your barely swollen abdomen which contained your baby and smiled while thinking about what the future now holds for the three of you.

Looking at your phone you realised that it would be another three hours until Conor got home, you sighed as the excitement at the thought of telling him was overwhelming.

...

A few hours later you were stood at the kitchen counter making yourself a cup of tea when you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist and pull you into their body. "Guess who?" he whispered into your ear.

"Conor," you squealed dropping you spoon and turning around in his arms to face him with a huge smile on your face.

"Well someone's happy to see me," he said with a chuckle before leaning down to kiss your lips.

"I've got a surprise," you told him, practically jumping up and down with excitement.

"And what's that?" he asked raising his eyebrows at you.

"Close your eyes and I'll show you," he instantly obliged and you ran off to where you'd hidden the tests. "Hold your hands out," you demanded once you'd returned and you placed the three tests in his hands ensuring the "+" was facing him "Okay, open."

You watched intently as his eyes wandered to his hands, he studied the tests carefully before returning his gaze to you. His eyes were wide and he had a huge grin on his face, "You're pregnant?"

You nodded your head and smiled at him, "We're having a baby Con."

He quickly walked towards you and pulled you into a tight embrace, lifting you off your feet and spinning you around causing you to giggle. As soon as he'd returned you to your feet he placed his hand on your stomach.

"We're having a baby," he said bewildered, you placed your hand on top of his and pulled his head down to kiss him.

"We're gonna be a family. me, you and the baby," you whispered against his lips.

"Mmm family, that sounds amazing," he mumbled in response before kissing you again.