4:00 am

You woke up to see the moon shining in through the curtains that you'd neglected to close the night before, you closed your eyes and tried to go back to sleep but soon realised it was useless. Reaching out an arm you grabbed your phone to check the time, you groaned as you realised it was only 4 am and you were already wide awake.

Rolling over onto your side you looked at Conor who was still peacefully sleeping, you watched him crinkle his nose in his sleep while contemplating whether or not you should wake him. Deciding to wake him up you prodded his chest.

"Conor," you whispered and poked him again, smiling when you heard him grumble and saw his blue eyes flutter open momentarily before closing again.

"What?" he mumbled and wrapped his arms around you to pull you closer.

"I can't sleep," you told him and gave him a nudge as you noticed he was falling asleep again.

"Close your eyes and try again," he told you through a yawn.

"I can't Con," you whined. He sighed and opened his eyes to look at you.

"What time is it anyway?" he asked while rubbing his eyes with his one hand and pulling your body even closer with the other one.

"4:00."

"Baby," he whined. "You're lucky I love you otherwise I would've killed you for waking me up this early," He shifted you around in his arms so you were now led on top of him, you lifted your head up so it was above his and looked into his eyes smiling.

"You're lucky that I love you too because I'm amazing and your life would be shit without me," you joked, then giggled and started to squirm around when he started to tickle your sides.

"Conor, stop it," you squealed. "My knee is very close to somewhere you don't want it to be," you warned and he instantly stopped, returning his arms to where they previously were wrapped around your waist.

"So you wake me at this ungodly hour and then you threaten me, I'm glad my girlfriend is so caring," he said sarcastically making you giggle.

"Would you gather I stayed up alone and was all sad?" You asked pouting which made him groan and he quickly kissed your lips to make it disappear.

"No," he sighed and kissed your lips again. You smiled in triumph and then moved your head to rest on his chest, just above his heart so you could hear the rhythmic beating.

You led in a comfortable silence for so long that you would've been convinced that he'd fallen back to sleep if it wasn't for his hand softly rubbing your back. "Conor?" you whispered finally breaking the silence, he hummed in response and kissed the top of your head. You paused for a moment and then finally responded with, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replied and kissed the top of your head again.

"Con?" you asked again.

"Yes baby," he said with a laugh.

"Can you sing to me?" he didn't reply but he pulled your body further up his so he could put his mouth next to your ear and he started to softly sing the words to How would you feel, one of your favourite songs to hear him sing.

The steady rise and fall of his chest and the soft words he was singing in your ear combined lulled you back to sleep, once Conor was positive you were asleep he stopped singing and kissed your forehead before going back to sleep himself.