Abused

You'd finally gained the courage to stand up for yourself and you left him. You'd been with your boyfriend for a month when he hit you for the first time and it'd taken you a further 2 months to gain the courage to leave, today was the day that everything had just become too much.

That's how you ended up on Conor's doorstep with tears flooding from your eyes and a big bruise covering your right cheek. Conor opened the door and his eyes widened as he saw the state you were in. "what the fuck happened to you?" he gasped reaching out his hand to touch the bruise which made you flinch.

"He hit me again Con," you sobbed, your knees collapsed under you and Conor quickly caught you, pulling you tight to his chest.

"who hit you princess?" he questioned you didn't answer so he spoke again, prompting you to answer, "tell me who hit you babe, you're safe here"

"My boyfriend," you choked out.

You heard him sigh and his arms wrapped around you even tighter, "Okay, let's get you inside and I'll get rid of the boys."

Conor scooped you up into his arms and carried you into the living room, gently placing you on the couch. The boys looked at you concerned and you saw Conor whisper something you couldn't quite hear in Jack's ear, who nodded and rounded all the boys up and guided them out of Conor's apartment.

Once all the boys had gone Conor came and sat next to you, taking your body into his arms and softly stroking his hand along your back. You sat in silence for a while until your sobbing had turned into the occasional sniffle.

"Conor?" you mumbled

"Yes princess?"

"I'm weak aren't I? For staying with him"

Conor pulled away from you so he could look into your eyes, "Hey don't you dare say that, you're so strong for getting out of there and I'm so, so proud of you. Don't you forget that, okay?"

You nodded at him in response and returned your head to where it was previously resting on his chest, his hand ran through your hair and his steady heartbeat soothed you. It was the safest that you'd felt in a long time.

But in all honesty when you were with Conor you always felt safe – he always made you feel like you were special and there was nothing worth worrying about in the world.

At first your relationship with your boyfriend was just a bit of fun and a ploy to make Conor jealous. In the beginning the plan worked Conor was jealous and then you found out that this guy wasn't too bad but things turned sour not too long later. Your boyfriend started to get jealous of Conor and that's when the abuse started, suddenly it was no longer just fun and you couldn't seem to find a way out. Well that was until today.

"Conor, I don't want to go back home. Can I stay with you?" you asked him quietly.

"Of course you can, come on I'll get you something to sleep in and make up the spare room for you". He tapped your bum lightly to encourage you to get up and then led you to his room where he found you some comfy clothes.

...

It was the middle of the night and you couldn't sleep, each time you closed your eyes you had images of your ex come flooding back to your mind. You quietly walked into Conor's bedroom and found him still awake, sat humming a tune as he worked on his latest song.

You walked over to him and tapped his shoulder knowing that he wouldn't hear you otherwise. He spun his chair around to look at you and took his headphones off.

"What are you doing awake?" he asked softly, while gently pulling you towards him by your hand.

"I'm scared by myself," you mumbled and looked down at your feet in embarrassment.

"Come here," he told you lightly tapping his leg with his free hand. You climbed onto his lap and curled your body into his. "There's no need to be scared princess, I'll keep you safe," he murmured softly into your hair and kissed your head.

Soon the warmth that his body was radiating and the steady rise and fall of his chest lulled you to sleep.

...

When you woke up light was pouring through the windows and you were now in Conor's bed. Your body was led on top of his and his arms were wrapped loosely around your waist. You comfortably stayed in this position for another 20 minutes until you felt Conor's body start to shift under yours. His arms tightened around your waist and a groan escaped his lips as he covered his eyes to shield them from the harsh light.

"Good morning sleepy head," you giggled looking down at him.

"What are you so happy about?" he chuckled and kissed your cheek.

Your words flew out of your mouth before your brain could process what was happening, "well I'm led on top of the man that I've had a crush on for about a year, what could possibly be better?". When your head caught up you tried to pull away from him and quickly remove yourself from the situation but his arms kept a tight grip on you.

"You what?" he asked, staring up at you wide eyed.

You took a deep breath and decided it was now or never, you couldn't take it back now so you may as well go for it. "Conor Maynard I have a huge crush on you, I have for a long time. I understand if you don't feel the same way but if you don't can we please just forget this ever happened"

He didn't respond for a few minutes, just stared directly into your eyes. Suddenly his face stared to move towards yours and your lips connected. The way his lips fit together with yours made you feel as if this was meant to be.

When he pulled away he ran his thumb along your cheek and smiled at you, "I'm glad you feel the same way"

It took you a few seconds to process what he had told you but when you did a huge smile made its way to your face and you locked your lips with his once again; a feeling that you hoped would never fade away.