Awkward

You carefully curled one last section of hair before quickly checking your appearance in the mirror. Once you were sure that you were happy with your appearance you checked the time on your phone and gently cursed under your breath as you realised if you wanted to be on time you'd have to leave right now. After ensuring you had everything you could possibly need you rushed down to your car.

You were off to your best friend's house to meet one of her boyfriend Will's friends because he was apparently "totally your type" and "just what you were looking for" although you weren't completely convinced. She did have quite the reputation for being terrible at setting people up.

As soon as you arrived at her building you rushed up the stairs to her apartment and knocked on the door, to be honest you were impressed with yourself that you'd actually made it on time as it was a very rare occurrence.

Before long you were face to face with the obnoxious smile that was permanently plastered on your friends face these days, she gave you a big hug and informed you that your "dream guy" was already here.

As soon as you entered their living room you saw him and by some miracle your friend was right for once, he was definitely your type. He had curly brown hair that your fingers ached to run through and his blue eyes were so enchanting you could have easily gotten lost in them. This guy was undeniably adorable and watching him laughing at something Will had said made the butterflies go wild in your stomach.

...

You'd been talking with Conor for a few hours now and you had to admit he was perfect, he had the most amazing sense of humour and he was extremely sweet. He'd told you of his singing career and became very coy when you admitted you knew his songs and thought he had an amazing singing voice.

You were laughing as he told you the story about how he once fell over on stage and broke his arm when you heard raised voices coming from the kitchen. Your conversation instantly diminished into silence as you heard your best friends screech at her boyfriend, arguing about something you assumed was petty once again.

"What do you mean by that?! Do you think he's more attractive than me," you heard Will's voice echo through the thin kitchen walls, okay maybe this wasn't as petty as you thought it was.

"You know what? Yes, I think Conor is 10x more attractive than you," you heard your friend retaliate and in the living room you both froze in shock.

Glancing over at Conor you could tell he suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable in this flat, laughing weakly you spoke quietly trying to lighten the tense atmosphere, "talk about awkward, eh?"

He gave you a soft smile and then leaned in so his mouth was close to your ear, being in such a close proximity and his warm breath on your neck was making your heart race. "Just a little, how about we get out of here before we have to face them?" he murmured in your ear and you nod your head instantly, his soft words casting a spell over you.

After receiving your confirmation he grabbed your hand in his and pulled you from your seat, you were too busy admiring the way his hand fit in yours that you didn't realise you'd left until you felt the cold air of the parking lot against your skin.

"How about we head back to my place?" you asked, sounding more confident than you felt in this situation. You held your breath slightly awaiting his rejection but internally cheered when he agreed.

This evening had definitely turned out better than expected, that's for sure.

|