Valentines memories

You woke up to the consistent beeping of your alarm that you'd forgotten to turn off the night before after getting to bed far sooner than you'd planned after Conor came home earlier than expected. After shutting it off you looked down at the flawless man sleeping next to you. It amazed you how he always looked so relaxed and at peace when he was asleep after finally escaping the stress that being in the public eye bought him.

This was your favourite type of day, the kind where there was just the two of you and he would let all of the walls that he had built to keep him safe from the media fall for a while. Being able to see him in his rawest and most genuine form still felt special to you, it acted as a constant reminder that he trusted you and felt safe in your presence.

It was moments like this you questioned how you'd been so lucky to be with the Conor Maynard, how lucky that even with millions of girls wanting his love around the world he chose you. You never imagined that a stupid night out that you didn't even want to go on would get you here, laying in his arms two years later.

Your thoughts were interrupted when Conor started to stir and his arms tightened around your body. His eyelids fluttered open to reveal the big blues eyes that you fell for a long time ago but were still able to captivate you to this day.

"Good morning," you finished the statement with a kiss on the cheek but only got a grumble in response as he hid his face in the crook of your neck.

"Do you know what today is?" you asked excitedly, eager for him to get up so you could get your plans for the day underway.

He lifted his head to look you in the eyes, searching your face for the answer as if it was written on your skin. After finally deciding he didn't know he responded to your question with a curious look on his face, making him look even more adorable than usual.

"What's today beautiful?"

"Our valentine's day celebrations, duh" you responded smiling at the dumbfounded look he had on his face.

"But Valentine's day is tomorrow Y/N"

"I know, but I also know how much you dislike it so I thought that if we celebrated today you would love it because it's not actually Valentine's day"

When you and Conor had first started dating he'd made his opinions on the day pretty clear, Valentine's day had ended brutally for him after discovering his girlfriend was only dating him for the fame and was sleeping with his then best friend. You'd never tried to change his feelings on the occasion but decided this year you'd try and replace some of the bad memories with some good ones.

"Of course, sorry that was totally obvious" he replied sarcastically making you laugh "so how do these celebrations start?"

"With cuddles obviously" you squealed wrapping all four limbs around his body and holding him as tight as you could.

You breathed in his scent and relaxed against his body, the feeling of cuddling the person you loved was the best feeling in the world. There was nowhere that felt safer than being wrapped in his arms.

"I love you," his whispered into your hair making your whole-body tingle.

"I love you too, so much"