Dumb mistake

He was the guy that you met at work, the charming flirt that was notorious for leading people on and breaking hearts. You were warned to stay away and for a while you did. You were the girl he didn't flirt with, the girl that he didn't even really like. Well, that's what you thought anyway. You could safely say it wasn't love at first sight for you and Conor but when you discovered the caring and genuine side to him you fell, fast and hard.

He was the guy that you were warned would break your heart, the seemingly heartless boy who didn't care for the feelings of others. You were the girl that discovered the other side to him and revealed it to the world. Until you broke his heart. You were the first person he trusted enough to fully open up and you ruined him.

...

With tears in your eyes you looked up at Conor and reached out for him, "I'm sorry," you mumbled.

"Sorry for what Y/N, just fucking tell me what you've done," he retracted himself from your touch the agitation clearly setting in.

"I kissed him Con," you choked out, you watched his face drop the betrayal clear in his eyes as the news registered in his brain.

"You what?" he spluttered.

"It was just a dumb mistake, I swear it meant nothing. Please, Conor you know I love you," you sobbed as you reached out and he increased the distance between your bodies.

...

You lost the one person who meant the most to you with one stupid mistake. There was no longer someone there to hug you when you felt down, no one to drive you home late at night, no one to make you laugh with the dirtiest yet best jokes or to listen when you felt down and just needed someone. You lost everything through one stupid kiss, one stupid revenge kiss to prove to yourself that you didn't need Conor after one of your petty arguments. But it turned out you did need him. He made you feel safe even on the worst of days and he made you happy.

However, you broke him. The bright blue spark that lived in his eyes was gone now, he walked around with a dull exterior. The shameless flirting was gone and he kept himself isolated. Instead of being the life of the company he was the guy to keep quiet, the one who was the first to leave when 'social event' was mentioned and the one who relied on coffee to survive because he was too broken to sleep.

He was the guy to open himself up for you and loved you so much. You were the girl who took advantage of that and broke him so bad.