Fallen

It was currently 1am and you were sat cuddled up with Conor on the balcony, his body shielding you from the slight breeze that came with the summer.

You were both sat watching the stars shine in the night sky, simply enjoying being in each others presence.

You shifted your vision from the sky to Conor's face, his eyes, that shone just like the stars, were fixed on the sky and a small smile graced his lips.

You and Conor had been together for around 18 months and you still found it fascinating how loved he could make you feel. Your relationship with Conor was different to any you'd been in before, you'd never really fallen in love but this time you fell and you fell fast.

You couldn't pinpoint the exact moment that you fell in love with him but you just remember it suddenly being a thing.

Suddenly he was all you thought about: whether you were together or apart he was always on your mind. Whenever he was near a smile was present on your face and your heart rate sped up. Butterflies would appear in you stomach when he came close to your body and his hands would make you feel as if your body was on fire. Bad days didn't feel so bad when he was around and the sun always seemed to be shining for you even in the middle of winter.

Even after seeing him hitting his lowest points or staying up through the night with him for his insomnia didn't make these feelings go away. They just increased with time until it reached a point where you couldn't ignore them anymore.

That's when you knew you were in love.

"Conor?" his eyes left the sky and locked with yours, the small smile on his face growing as he looked at you.

"yeah?"

"I love you," you told him, a huge grin covering your face as you saw his eyes twinkle at your words and your heart jumped as he chuckled softly.

"I love you too, more than you could ever imagine," he replied and softly kissed your forehead and then your lips.