Did you see?

Conor was a thrill seeker, he loved zip wiring and skydiving, anything that would give him an adrenaline kick. So, you weren't at all surprised when he told you he'd booked to go bungee jumping, the part that did surprise you was that he'd booked for you to go with him.

It was no secret that you were completely different to Conor, in your opinion a good time was sitting with a cup of tea watching a movie – not bungee jumping. To you bungee jumping sounded like some sort of tortuous activity that in no way could be fun.

"I don't want to Conor," you whined, giving your best puppy dog eyes in hope he'll give in and take Jack instead.

"Why not? You always turn me down just say yes for once, please," he begged.

"Conorrr, I'm sure you'd have a far better time with Jack or one of your other friends."

"Come on Y/N, what are you afraid of?"

"I don't know, death? What's there not to be afraid of?"

"Don't be stupid, you won't die. You think I'd risk losing my incredible talent like that?" he raised his eyebrows at you in a joking manner and you laughed at him.

After standing in silence for a couple of minutes Conor moved to sit next to you and grabbed your hand, rubbing his thumb against it affectionately. "Please," he pleaded.

You signed knowing you were unable to say no to him again, his pout filling you with guilt, "okay, I'll go with you but if I die I'll kill you,"

"Deal."

...

"I can't believe you talked me into this," you muttered as Conor dragged you by your shaking hand towards the crane you'd be jumping off.

Conor suddenly stopped walking and after failing to notice you walked straight into his body, he turned around and placed his hands lightly on your shoulders. His blue eyes stared into yours, calmness instantly washing through you. "Hey, chill out. It'll be fine I promise, okay?" you couldn't argue with the soft, caring tone in Conor's voice so reluctantly nodded your head, still unable to trust your words.

After all, seeing the smile that covered Conor's face was totally worth it, he kissed your head and then continued to lead you to where you needed to be.

...

As you fell through the air your stomach jumped and you clenched your eyes shut as you put all of your trust into a single rope. Then all of a sudden you bounced, you'd done it, you'd actually done it. A laugh bubbled up your throat at the pure ecstasy that was rushing through your veins as you hung goodness know how many feet above the ground, your heart was still beating but you liked the feeling.

After you'd reached the ground once again you ran over to Conor a proud smile covering your face, "Did you see? I actually did it Conor!"

He laughed at your excitement and kissed your lips, "you're adorable, of course I saw."