Yellow

To him you were the most beautiful thing in the universe. You shone brighter than the stars in the sky, the only reason that he could still see the path in his darkest days. To him the world revolved around you because without you the sky would be dull.

Look how they shine for you

Of course you didn't believe him. In your opinion you were nothing special, in fact you were below ordinary. He always tried to convince you otherwise, you'd lost count of the amount of times he'd returned from the studio with a proud gleam in his eyes as he announced his success in writing his newest song proving your worth in his life.

I wrote a song for you and all the things you do

When you first met Conor he was in a dark place, he was stuck in an endless cycle of depression and saw no reason to try escape. That was until you came along. You came into his life by chance, both bursting into each other's life accidently but the outcome was far better than anticipated.

You danced around each other for months stuck in an average friendship, but an unwilling one as you both craved more but feared taking the next step. It came as a shock when he finally made a move, he asked you on a date and you were elated about it. Before long that date lead to another one, which lead to another one, which lead to the relationship you were now in.

You couldn't be more pleased that he'd decided to make that move on you because he was undoubtedly the greatest thing to ever happen to you. He made your days bright, he was your moon and you were his stars lighting each other's world.

What a thing to have done

He made your imperfections feel less important because he made sure that he always reminded you how you were perfect in his eyes. To him every part of you was beautiful no matter how many times you denied it.

If he wasn't reminding you of your beauty he was telling you how much he loved you. A month or so after you'd officially started dating you told him you loved him, it was a complete accident and you thought you'd completely messed everything up but the glimmer in his eyes and smile on his face as he told you his reciprocated feelings took you completely by surprise.

Do you know, you know I love you so?

At the beginning of your relationship Conor often got a lot of stick from his friends, they made fun of him for being hopelessly in love with you and when your relationship progressed more the boys would mock him for staying home with you instead of going clubbing with them.

Of course it bothered him but he put up with it because you were more than worth it. He'd made it clear to them they could say whatever they desired about him as long as they left you out of it and they respected that wish.

I drew a line for you

In his mind you controlled the night sky, you made the sun and stars shine and kept his life full with warmth. You filled his once dark life with an overwhelming light that he prayed would never fade away.

Look at the stars

Look how they shine for you

And all the things you do