Meet my family

"Conor," you squealed as he walked through the front door. You threw your body at his, he instantly wrapped his arms around you and smiled down at you.

"Hey beautiful, what's got you so excited?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Well I've been thinking about this trip to Spain and I thought you could finally meet my family," you beamed at him.

"Baby," he sighed "I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it," the smile dropped from your face and he kissed your forehead as a silent apology.

"But you promised that you'd come this year," tears started to form in your eyes and you cast your eyes towards the floor.

You and Conor had met 4 years ago in Ibiza. He was doing a couple of shows in there and one of your friends had dragged you along to go see him, you met him in a club after the show when you accidently threw your drink over him. To apologize to him he insisted that you had to go for dinner with him the next day, you went to one of the local cafes and ended up spending the whole day together. To cut a long story short you fell in love with him and started dating then a while later you moved to London to be with him.

Since then you'd tried to get Conor to meet your family many time but he always seemed to find an excuse. That's why you were so ecstatic when he had agreed to join you on your next trip to Spain but yet again he'd let you down.

"No baby, don't cry," he softly started to rock your bodies side to side in an attempt to calm you down.

"Why don't you want to meet my family?" you whimpered.

"I do," he sighed.

"Don't lie Conor, you've been making excuses since I met you," you pushed his body away from yours and resisted his attempts to pull you back.

He momentarily covered his face with his hands and sighed before looking at you again "I'm scared they'll think I'm not good enough for you."

"Why would they think that?" you asked confused, you grabbed his hand and he gripped onto yours instantly.

"Your sister married a lawyer, your brother is dating a teacher and then there's me," he closed his eyes to avid looking at you and then carried on "You've got the one who pulled you away from your home and to a different country so they hardly see you anymore, the one who's a singer but hasn't released an album for 5 years and is popular for other people's work."

"No, I've got the one who makes me happy, the one who inspired me to follow my dreams and explore more of the world, the one with the brightest smile and most amazing sense of humour and the one who is an inspiration to thousands of people all over the world. My family will love you Con, I promise"

"I love you," he mumbled, using your hand to pull your body against yours.

"I love you too, will you come with me now?"

He took a deep breath and nodded. You squealed in excitement and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss.