shield ; jackson

Song Recommendation: Give Your Heart A Break ; Demi Lovato

..........................................................................................................................................................

The clang of metal on metal fades to the background as your earphone blares out your favourite song. Your hand automatically reaches out to your English textbook and you close your locker realizing you only have a few minutes till class. You turn around to find the eternally annoying Jackson Wang behind you.

'Hey,' he said, his hands in his pockets. He probably thought it made him look cool, you thought to yourself suppressing the urge to roll your eyes.

'What do you want Jackson?' you asked sharply, eyeing him with a disdainful look.

'Sheesh cut me some slack will you,' he said grinning. 'I just wanted to ask you about that English home-,' he started off.

'Save it,' you snap, completely cutting him off, giving him a cold look before you left, seeing your best friend in the distance.

Approaching your best friend, a small grin formed on her lips. 'Is he bothering you again?' she asked.

'What do you think?' you ask exasperated, shooting him a glare from across the hall. He was still grinning at you, he even had the audacity to wink at you before joining the rest of his members.

'What happened?' she asked, curious as both of you made your way to the English building.

'He was about to ask me about the essay we had,' you relay, rolling your eyes at the feeble excuse he had given.

'So what did you say?' she pressed.

'I said 'about' right? I cut him off before he said anything,' you say.

'WHAT (Y/N)?' she nearly screams into your ear.

Covering your ears and nearly dropping your books from her sudden scream, you slap her on the shoulder. 'Can you not!' you said glaring.

'I mean seriously,' she said, looking at you as if you were crazy. 'One of the hottest guys in the school comes up to you and you cut him OFF?' she asks, still shocked.

'So what? He was wasting my time,' you replied unfazed.

'That's what you say to ALL the guys that come up to you,' she replies, exasperated. 'Honestly, I've noticed you're not interested guys AT ALL, (Y/N),' she mused out loud, giving you a weird look.

Glaring at her, you nearly scream. 'YAH I'M NOT LIKE THAT OKAY,'

'Sheesh I was kidding,' she muttered, trying not to laugh. 'But seriously, you don't like any guy at school? You always just cut them off or give them that icy-cold glare of yours, I mean it's weird.' she thought out loud as you reached the classroom.

'I have my reasons,' is all you say before taking your seat in the front row.

Believe me, (BFF/N) I have my reasons. Reasons I'm never telling anyone. EVER.

Time Skip

'I want a divorce!' you could your mom's shrill scream all the way from the living room. You were 12 years old and still young, naive. You creeped down the stairs careful not to make a sound.

'Fine,' you heard the deep voice of your dad snap. 'Not like I loved you anyway,' you could hear the malice in his voice.

'Fine I'm taking (Y/N) with me,' she said glaring at him from across the room.