coma ; yugyeom

yugyeom as boyfriend

................................................................................................................................................................

Electricity and excitement buzzing in your veins, your hands wrap around the warm surface of the paper cup, contents sloshing around, giving off the faint aroma of latte, its fragrance like a small cloud wafting around you as you exit the local coffee shop near JYP entertainment.

Grinning as you took a sip, you adjusted your book bag over your shoulder and headed into the building, going all the way up to the 3rd floor as arranged. But as soon as you reach the last practice room, your feet literally and figuratively screech to a stop, your sneakers giving off a high pitched whine as you halted.

Confused to find the room pitch black, you hesitantly step in, flicking on the light switch in the process. The lights flickered to life, revealing an empty practice room. Assuming they were late, you dumped your bag on the floor and made yourself comfortable on the large couch provided.

The minutes ticked by as you occupied yourself by checking your social media, and wondering where in the world were the boys. 15 minutes past, 30, an hour and you started to get antsy. They were never this late before. Dialing your brother, you thought it was just some minor glitch in their schedule, all of you had been planning this for more than a month after all, they were probably just stuck in traffic somewhere, you reassure yourself as you put your phone to your ear, listening to the dial tone.

You waited for a while, biting your thumbnail, a habit you tried to break but never seemed to stop being able to do sighing in relief as the call connected.

'Hello?' you asked, loudly, your voice echoing in the small room as static greeted you

'(Y/N)?' your brother, JB asked, his voice distorted and muffled by the poor connection.

'Hey,' you said, trying to get over the poor connection. 'What's going? I thought we were supposed to meet here an hour ago?' you asked, annoyance leaking into your voice although you tried to be patient.

'I- accident-truck-red light-Gangnam-hospital' his voice stuttered out as the connection became weaker before getting cut off completely.

Heart dropping to the floor, your fingers flew on the keyboard as you sent him a frantic text gathering your things and rushing back to your car.

Me: IM JAE BUM. What the hell is happening???

Best Brother: I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but we... sort of got into an accident on our way back from the fan meeting near Gangnam. We were on our way when another car ran a red light and slammed into us.

Me: I'm on my way right now. Give me your location.

Instead of replying you, he called you.

'(Y/N)' you could hear his soft voice through the phone. 'I don't know if it's a good idea for you to come now, I mean,' he said, before you cut him off completely, your tone turning steely.

'Im Jae Bum,' you said threateningly. 'I am coming to that hospital whether you like it or not, so you had better give me the damn address or God help me I will search every hospital in Korea till I find you.'

Hearing a heavy sigh there was scuffling on the phone before he conceded. 'Fine I'll text you the address but be careful when you get here, we're in the emergency ward,' he said his voice sounding heavy.

Barely listening to him, you shut down the line, focusing you mind completely to driving, hands turning bone-white as you gripped the steering wheel, hands shaking and sweating as cars and buildings flew by. Finally, finally, the soft white glow of the hospital greeted you. Parking in the nearest parking spot you could, you grabbed your phone and bag, leaving everything else behind and rushed to the front counter breathless, in a panic.