it's been a long time // 오랜만에요 ; jb

A/N: I have a 6/7 part series for JB coming up. It was actually a request from a reader but I somehow expanded it to become a whole series, so there WILL be an influx of JB imagines in the next updates!

*Requests are OPEN, please either comment on my wall or message me directly or you can even comment in the Introduction part of this book!

................................................................................................................................................................

Requested by : BTSisLifueARMY101

'Shit,' you hissed, jerking your hand back from the pot that you had accidentally brushed against, muttering curses under your breath as the skin of your finger turned a bright red, feeling the heat throbbing through it.

'(Y/N)?'

Damn she must have heard you.

'You okay back there?" the same feminine voice called out as you bit your bottom lip, running the finger under hot water, feeling instant relief as the cold water leeched out some of the heat.

'Yeah,' you replied in your best attempt at a cheerful voice. 'I'm fine!'

'Well, get those 2 coffees done then,' the voice snapped, all friendliness had evaporated.

'Yes ma'am,' you said, turning off the tap, grumbling as you picked up the kettle, more gently this time, to replenish the hot water in the machine.

Jerking open the taps, you watched impassively as the hot water flowed into the cup, turning the ground coffee powder into a dark slick liquid. Pouring in the milk and adding some sugar, you stirred both cups before placing them on the tray for the waiter to collect, ringing the bell as you did so.

5 minutes later and you noticed that the coffee was still somehow waiting at the counter.

Honestly, do I really have to do everything here?

You carefully picked up the tray, pushing the door with your back as it swung outwards. Scanning the order number, your feet automatically directed you to the table near the window, your body already so accustomed to the café, you could probably walk around it with your eyes closed and not hit anything in the process.

There was a lone figure in the chair, wearing a bucket hat that covered most of his face, his large frame quite dwarfing the chair he was sitting on, as he was jamming to some song on his phone, earphones securely in his ears.

Ducking you placed the tray on the table and carefully served his coffee.

'Your order sir,' you said politely, about to go back to the kitchen when you saw his head jerk up.

You tried your best not to stumble as a wave of nostalgia overwhelmed you at the sight of his face, which had split into a grin when he saw you.

'(Y/N L/N), surprise seeing you here,' he leaned back in his chair, still smiling.

'Lim Jaebeom,' you said, in a voice that sounded as if someone had just punched you in the stomach.

Blinking away of the memories of high school, you found a smile slowly growing on your face as you finally realised that you were looking at your best friend of 6 years.

'Jesus, where have you been?' you demanded to know, suddenly all thoughts of making coffee and serving customers fled from mind. 'One day you were at school and suddenly I hear that you dropped out?!' you nearly shrieked, attracting a lot of unwanted attention from the tables around you.