안녕 // goodbye ; mark

mark as boyfriend

.............................................................................................................................................................

You cower against the wall as your mom chucks another vase at the wall barely missing your head causing it shatter into a million tiny pieces with a god-awful crash. Screaming and raving at you like a mad woman she slaps you in the face, the blow stinging, your skin feeling raw to the touch. 'You're such a fucking disappointment to this family, it would be better if you just killed yourself,' she spat at you, landing another blow at you making you shrink against the wall even more.

After another long stretch of physical and verbal abuse she glares at you screaming at you to clean up the mess as she stomps up the stairs, leaving you with cane and hand marks all over your body, tears streaming down you face, blurring your vision as you slowly get up to clean the shards of vase which were scattered haphazardly across the floor, the sharp edges nicking at the soles of your feet.

Body still utterly broken, you drag yourself up to bed, not even bothering to look at yourself in the mirror, knowing the girl that would look back at you was nothing but the shell of herself. Throwing yourself on your bed, you pray for peace in the form of dreamless, painless sleep.

Time Skip To Next Morning

Turning your face left and right, you make sure that the thick layer of make-up that you had woken up an hour earlier to apply was perfect, not revealing any signs of the abuse you had received the night before. A ring at your front door, caused you to jump, startled at the slight tinkling sound. Grabbing your bag, you hurried down the stairs where your boyfriend was waiting to walk you to school, holding a steaming two cups of steaming coffee in his hands, his book bag slung on his right shoulder.

'Hey,' he said softly, taking your bag and carrying it for you, handing you your daily dose of caffeine. Grateful, you take a sip but wince when the scalding liquid touches your bruised lip.

'You okay?' he asked, concern furrowing his brow as you struggled to take the first few sips which you normally gulped down at the speed of light.

'I'm fine,' you mutter, unwilling to tell him what happened although both of you had been dating for around a year already. You didn't need to drag him into your problems, he had enough on his plate, with having to attend school and then at night going through the grueling JYP trainee process all the while worried he would be cut out from the programme.

Not entirely convinced with your flimsy excuse he decides not to push you, sure that you would tell him when you were ready.

Time flew by way too fast for your liking and before you knew it the last bell had rung shrilly indicating the end of school, but it was like you were glued in your seat unwilling to move, to go back home where you knew your mother was waiting for you. Your thoughts drifting, (E/C) staring glassily out the window till a hand tapped your shoulder making you start and turn around. Mark was waiting for you, your bag already on his shoulder.

'Hey, you didn't come out and I was worried,' he said softly, as he took your hand.

'I was just... thinking,' you say as you try to pay more attention to him and deflecting anything from yourself.

Both of you walked back in comfortable silence until you reached your neighborhood where he walked you to the door, handing you your bag. 'Hey, are you sure you're okay?' he asked, his hazel eyes seeming to bore into your soul.

Breaking eye contact with him, afraid that if you looked too long everything would come spilling. 'I'm fine,' you mutter, you long glossy (H/C) blocking your face form him. 'I-I'll call you okay?' you stuttered as you unlocked the door.