project ; bam bam

Requested by: AmelNasir

bam bam as best friend

.............................................................................................................................................................

The sound of the bell, reverbrated throughout the entire school, bringing about the desperate freedom that all students craved: freedom from the dreadful education system.

The class rose nearly as one, all of you eager to get out and enjoy the glorious weekend but your Physics teacher Mrs Kim, a tight-faced, incredibly strict teacher shot all of you a glare of such poison that all you immediately quieted down, bags plopping back on chairs, all of you sharing glances at one another, wondering what assignment she was going to give now.

'Now,' she cleared her throat before handing out worksheets. 'Your homework will be to complete this worksheet and I'm also assigning you a presentation that I will be expecting by the end of next week,' she announced, handing out the worksheets to each row.

'And NO you will not be able to choose your partners,' she raised her voice slightly in reply, to the whispers that had begun to break out at the mention of the presentation.

All hopes of working with Jinyoung, the smartest kid in the clas were immediately dashed from your mind and instead you started praying that you would get a decent partner.

'Your partners will be:

'Mark and Jackson'

Th quietest and the loudest, were always close, they had no objection.

'Youngjae and Jaebum'

The two more musically inclined ones shrugged.

'Yugyeom and Jinyoung'

This pairing incited a groan from Jinyoung, he hated working with the youngest in class.

'(Y/N) and Bam Bam'

You groaned internally at the mention of your best friend's name paired with yours. Sure, you loved the idiot half to death but he wasn't exactly the ideal partner to do a project with.

'Miss Kim,' you raised your hand. 'But Bam Bam-,' she glared at you so fiercely you fell as quiet as a mouse.

'Do we have a problem (Y/N L/N)?" she asked, peering at you from above her glasses as if daring you to challenge her.

'Um no Miss Kim,' you squeaked out.

'Very well,' she said. 'Class dismissed,' she announced and all of you filed out unhappily.

'Hey there,' your best friend bounded up to you, book bag bouncing on one shoulder as he ruffled your hair, his touch making your heart leap to your throat.

Okay, maybe Bam Bam wasn't such a lousy partner, maybe just maybe you didn't want to spend extra time with him because you had developed a tiny little crush on him. When you realized this fact, you were mortified. You couldn't possibly be having feelings for someone you had known since both of you were toddlers. You watched each other grow up on the same damn street and if you had a dollar everytime one or the other slept over during the holidays, you would probably be a multi-millionaire by now. You knew him so well, that his mother treated you like her own daughter, constantly feeding you delicious unhealthy food your mother frowned upon (not that you were complaining). You couldn't possible fall in love with someone who was exactly like a brother to you.

The problem is... you did, and now everytime you saw him (which was very often as both of you took the same route to school and had most of the same classes) your heart gave a little flutter of joy which you tried to tamp down in his presence.