journalism ; jackson

Please note that I only used the country Syria because it's one of the most war-torn countries in the world now. It is merely an example and I have no intention of making fun/demeaning/ putting down anyone or any government or any of my readers.

jackson as boyfriend

...........................................................................................................................................................

You growled and cursed under your breath as you faintly heard the shrill ring of your phone, demanding to be picked up which was interrupting your heated make-out session with Jackson. Choosing to ignore the phone which seemed to be calling out more insistently by the second, instead you distracted yourself by pulling closer to your boyfriend and continuing to press your lips against his. You could feel his soft lips curl into a grin against yours and instead of responding, like how he usually would, he pulled away slightly his cheeks flushed and dark eyes bright.

'You should really answer that you know,' he said waving a hand to the bedside table where your phone was still screaming out non-stop. 'It could be important,'

'Screw that,' you muttered in reply, trying to pick up where you left off but he just chuckled shaking his head.

'Language, love,' he warned but his voice was still light at your apparent stubbornness. 'Besides, it isn't exactly romantic to be making out to the sound of your ringtone so...' he trailed of and you could sort of see his point.

Groaning, you disentangled yourself reluctantly from your boyfriend and snatched up the phone, intending to give the person on the other end of the line a good telling off.

That was until you saw the name displayed on your phone. Your boss from work was calling. At 1 in the morning. Seniority or not, you had to resist the urge not to scream at him when you picked up the call.

'Hello?' you asked, trying to keep the edge of irritation from your voice.

'I know it's a bad hour (Y/N) but we need you, right now,' he sighed on the other end and he sounded about as fed up as you.

'What is this about?' you asked, wary.

'We need you on assignment again,' he replied

'What?!' you protested violently. 'I just got OFF from a 3 week assignment, I've only been home for a few days and you're sending me off again?' you nearly shrieked. Jackson who was still lounging on the couch lazily, straightened at your voice, an eyebrow raised in question.

'I know I know,' he said his voice, trying to be soothing and your attention snapped back to your boss. 'I know you're supposed to be off duty till the end of the month but we're out of options and this story, well, it's worth risking your life over,' he finished grimly.

You rolled your eyes at that. Being a journalist was a life of travelling documenting, and working late night hours toiling away at the screen of a laptop at Godly hours of the morning. Well, the only real perk to this job was the all-expense paid travelling. You had seen more of the world during this job than most of your life, and you would be grateful for that because it had opened so many new pathways for you. Meeting new people. Experiencing new cultures.

'So... you called me at 1 in the morning, to tell me that I have a new assignment? Seriously? It couldn't wait till tomorrow?' you asked exasperated knowing full well, that you could probably get fired if you kept up the attitude but you didn't really care.

'Well, you see...' he hesitated for a split second which piqued your curiosity. 'We sort of need you to go to the location in 2 days,' he muttered.