picture ; jb

You woke up in the middle of the night, the clutching your stomach, groaning as you stumbled out of bed, rushing for the washroom. Opening your medicine cabinet, hands scrabbling for the small orange bottle, popping 2 in your mouth swallowing them dry, and almost instantly you could feel the relief that the painkiller provided.

Sighing, you clutched at the sides of the cold sink, staring at your pale reflection in the mirror hair sticking to your forehead as you panted slightly from the pain although most of it had dissipated.

Taking a deep breath, settling your jumpy nerves, you reached for the doorknob and exited the washroom, settling back in the sheets but after the sudden tidal wave of pain you found it hard to go back to sleep. Tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep, you even resorted to counting sheep, something you very rarely did. But instead, your eyelids refused to close, it was as if someone had injected you with an almost hyper energy, making it impossible for you to sleep.

Sighing in resignation, you got out of bed, tossing the covers aside, and headed down to the kitchen, for a glass of milk, hoping that your favorite warm drink would be able to help you sleep. Climbing down quietly, trying not to wake your boyfriend, you slipped into the kitchen which was for some weird reason still brightly lit despite it being 2 in the morning.

Curiosity got the better of you and peeking in the kitchen, you were relieved that it was just Jaebeom, probably having sneaked down for some midnight snack, it was either that or he just back from training. Biting your lip, you wondered whether to surprise him but instead you stood there as he scrolled through his phone an uncharacteristically soft smile on his face as he went through some photos.

From your vantage point it was hard to make out the photos he was staring at but soon, your bleary eyes managed to focus. He swiped through a few pictures, all of them showing him and a girl, many of them taken in restaurants or the Han River in the dead of night and some were even candid, taken without the girl's notice, sometimes it showed her working her forehead scrunched up with concentration or other times it was just her laughing or simply smiling. He looked at the pictures with such love and affection that it was impossible to doubt even in the slightest that he was in love with the girl in the pictures. Long, flowing, glossy (H/C) hair and a petite stature, it took your brain a few seconds to register that it was pictures of both YOU and him.

Blushing, you were secretly pleased with the fact that Jaebeom had taken the time to look at your photos. This was rare for him because he had always seen your relationship as very chill and laid-back, much like his personality, but it made you nearly delirious with happiness that he actually cared for you as much as you did for him. It was hard for him to express any form of affection even to you although you had been dating for the past 2 years, he was always very careful. Sure, he loved you but he rarely allowed that to show, he was cold in that way but you had come to accept that.

Creeping up behind him, you poked him in the side making him jump in alarm, shutting off his phone as he turned around to face you.

'What the- (Y/N),' he stuttered slightly as he took you in, hair messy from sleep and a mischievous grin on your face.

'Were you looking at our pictures? Hmmmm?" you teased poking him in the arm some more, flashing him a knowing smile and watched in satisfaction as he slowly started turning red.

'I-I,' he said looking down in embarrassment. 'Maybe I was,' he finally admitted in the softest tone you had ever heard him use.

'Awwww,' you squealed, hooking your arm in his, all thoughts of your warm milk forgotten. 'I can't believe you actually cared,' you teased taking his phone and unlocking it, revealing more pictures of both of you, scrolling through all of them absent-mindedly.

'That's my favorite one,' he pointed out, as he rested his chin on your shoulder, pointing to a picture of you, taken 3 months ago at the Han River during spring and the flowers were just beginning to bloom. Some of your hair had escaped from its beanie and was flying into your face but you were caught mid-laugh, head tossed back as you were unaware that someone had taken a picture of you.

'Oh My God, when did you take this?' you asked. 'I look terrible,' you shuddered, finger moving towards the delete button but Jaebum stopped you, plucking his phone from your hands.

'Oh no no no,' he said grinning, shutting his phone off and slipping it in his back pocket. 'You're not deleting that picture, it's my favorite,' he said.

'But I look soooo badddd in it,' you whined.

'You never look bad, love,' he reassured you softly, kissing you on the cheek. 'Now come on, you need sleep,' he said worriedly glancing at the clock in your kitchen.

'One condition,' you said holding up an index finger to stop him. 'I get to see more of those pictures,' you insisted. 'I won't delete anything I promise,' you pleaded. 'I just want to see them, please please pleaseeee,' you said.

Rolling his eyes at your stubbornness, he laughed. 'Fine, here,' he said handing you back his phone. 'This is going to be sooooo embarrassing,' he groaned putting his head in his hands as you swiped through some of the pictures he took of you unawares.

'How in the world did you take all of these?' you asked impressed by his photography skills and the fact that he had taken so many without you noticing.

He shrugged. 'You know, being observant, it helps that my girlfriend is incredibly photogenic,' he grinned.

'Ewwww cheesy,' you said wrinkling your nose and smacking his chest playfully.

'So do you want me to be cold or do you want me to be cheesy?' he asked throwing up his hands, exasperated.

'Hmmmm,' you said tapping your chin for a while. 'I think I like this Jaebeom now,' you grinned. 'Also, I need to start taking more pictures of you,' you huffed. 'You have so many of me,' you complained.

'Well, at least I know you're always with me,' he said softly.

'Eww more cheesiness,' you winced at his words, but was pleased all the same.

'Cherish the cheesiness,' he grinned. 'You caught me in a moment of weakness, it won't happen again,' he assured as both of you reached your bed room.

'But I like the cheesy Jaebeom,' you protested, refusing to go in the room.

'Go to sleep (Y/N),' he laughed, kissing you on the top of your head. 'I love you, cheesy or not, you should know that,' he said, watching as you tucked yourself in and he gave you one last kiss on your forehead, sweeping your hair from your eyes, watching over until you fell asleep.