i won't hurt you ; yugyeom

Requested by: ExistentialZebra

yugyeom as boyfriend

........................................................................................................................................................

'Why didn't you tell me before?' Yugyeom demanded, his eyes blazing as both of you were on opposite sides of the room, the tension thickening as the argument grew longer.

'I didn't think it was important to you,' you muttered slowly, careful of what to say, watching Yugyeom's every move as he glared at you.

'Of course it's important (Y/N) GOD,' he nearly exploded, the sudden loudness making you jump slightly. 'You can't just not talk to me about this sort of thing, how am I supposed to face him at work now?' he half groaned half growled at you, running his hands through his ashen grey hair, his hands clenched into fists, looking half crazed.

'Look I'm sorry but-,' you stuttered but didn't get to finish your sentence when Yugyeom turned around and marched a few steps towards you and you could feel his rage radiating off him in red hot waves.

Flinching, you stumble back from your boyfriend, memories from the past already flashing behind your eyes.

God not again you thought to yourself and for a split second, Yugyeom disappeared and a mental image of your father materialized before your eyelids, his belt in the air. It was so real, so vivid, you could hear the sharp snap that the belt made as it lashed through the air and onto your milky-white skin, leaving and angry red mark behind and bruises that would last for days, that you had to cover up with the long sleeves of your hoodie everyday you went to school.

Stumbling back even further, you nearly tripped over the carpet as you backed towards the door, your only hope of exit. Yugyeom must have sensed the fear in your eyes because his expression softened and the fury was replaced by concern as he saw you flinching away from his touch.

'Hey,' he said, using his most reassuring voice possible. 'I'm sorry about shouting, okay? I won't hurt you, we just need to talk' he extended his hand out to you, a peace offering. 'Please?'

That's what they all say the small part of your brain whispered. Consumed by paranoia and fear you bolted out of the house, running down the stairs and leaving behind Yugyeom's pleas for you to return.

An Hour Later

You had been wandering the streets for about an hour, dried leaves crunching under your feet, your entire body shivering, goosebumps raising in your arm. You suddenly regretted not bringing a jacket with you. The year was coming to a close and the autumn winds could be harsh and biting towards the skin especially at night.

Wrapping your arms around yourself in an attempt to conserve the remaining body heat left, you decided to take a rest outside a convenience store where they had provided park benches and tables for night owls who came from the clubs, drunk and in desperate need for something warm to fill their stomachs.

Taking a seat on the old wooden, weather worn bench, you sighed, the weather was so cold that puffs of steam came out from your mouth. Idiot, you had even forgotten your phone, how the hell were you going to get help if you needed it.

Your heart told you to go back to Yugyeom, to the safety of your tall lanky boyfriend who was sure to protect you. But the other, darker, rarely seen side of you was fighting back. What if he hit you? Did you really want to go through that kind of physical abuse again? Rationally of course Yugyeom and your father were not the same people but for a split second in the house when he turned to you his normally soft brown eyes had hardened into something more dangerous, something more haunted.